Getting a 60 day visa in Manila Philippines

Hi. I am currently in Taiwan and would like to take a trip to the Philippines and in an ideal situation I would like to fly into Cebu and take a break on a quiet island near there. However, I want to get a 60 day visa and from some of the posts I’ve read it’s harder to get a 60 day visa at the Manila office. Some info about me is I don’t have a job lined up but I have a housing contract and enough funds. I’m just planning on looking when I get back. Does anyone have any information on my likelihood of getting one here or am I just wasting my time and I should just fly to where I want or even go to Okinawa instead?

BTW. I also overstayed past my ARC expiry date. Thought I’d add that in case that’s a dealkiller

Back in 2009 the Manila office was useless, and I’m sure nothing has changed over the years but I can’t be certain.

If I were you I would go to Japan like you were thinking and give Manila a pass.

Impossible in 2011. go anywhere but Manila.

You’ll have a bigger problem going out of Taiwan than entering Philippines if you have overstayed here in Taiwan and your ARC is already expired.