Getting a TARC without parent's national ID/HHR

I have a Taiwanese passport and want to get a TARC, then eventually HHR and National ID. Problem is, I won’t be getting any help from my Taiwanese father.

I’ve tried going through the laws but my Mandarin isn’t quite cutting it. These are the routes I’m seeing so far:

Option 1 - AF353
I technically qualify, since my father is a current ID holder with HHR. Could I submit some alternate documents as proof of my relationship? Or is this option a dead end without his original ID?

Option 2 - AF368
I’m currently enrolled in a pre-college prep school in New Taipei. I’ve already been studying for a year using my foreign passport + ARC (following instructions of my country’s OCAC). Can I re-enter the country with my Taiwan passport and apply for a TARC? This option seems more doable, but I would really prefer not to enroll for another year of study. I’m also worried that they’ll require my father’s ID anyway - at the TARC step or later on when going for my ID/HHR.

You don’t need his id card the number itself and your proof of relationship… father’s marriage certificate and your birth certificate. If you father had ID and HHR when you were born you can get hhr and id here now from new rules this year

2 Likes

He did not have his HHR yet when I was born, unfortunately.

Would it be enough if I had his birth certificate, marriage certificate, and ID number (just the number, can’t get his ID)? This table lists the National ID or Household Certificate as a required document. Taken from https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/141954/cp_news

As advised elsewhere take all your documentation to NIA. If your father has HHR and ID you should be able to get a TARC. But as we do not know many things about you such as date of birth your mother’s status best you go to NIA

2 Likes

I’m over 18, and my mother has Taiwan passport but no ID. I’ve tried asking at the NIA and do plan on going back to ask more questions. Just thought I’d ask here in case someone had more info

Lot’s of threads here on this forum on people doing or have done what you are asking. You can use the search function.

The other threads I’m seeing all have their parents cooperating with the applicant to get it done.

Not for all as some have parents who passed away already. If you know your fathers ID number then you can start with that.

1 Like

I would say try to ask NID what it would take in lieu of your dad’s ID. Can you verify your dad’s HHR is still “moved in”/active? Cos i think the AF368 route is not as simple as staying for a year.

Art 9 of the 入出國及移民法 (Immigration Act) shows your TARC options under legislation. Staying as a student falls under Art 9-1-12.

But if you read Art 10, it’s not one of the classes of TARC holders (1 to 11) allowed to settle permanently after a year. For that to happen, you need to get a work permit after your graduation (9-1-7) and work for a period of time.

Are your grandparents still around and do they have HHR? Are any of your dad’s relatives able to help in getting documentation in some way? Prob some things you can ask the HHR about.