Getting hold of some Japanese-made Translucent Masks... are they recognized under Taiwan Law?

Getting some translucent masks… near invisible to the naked eye., save for a thin string that shows up under certain lights.

So you can walk around, respecting COVID rules, but look normal.

Are these allowed under Taiwan Law?

If I get challenged in Familymart, what should I say?

Just go to 7-11

8 Likes

I never thought of that…

But I like those prickly ash bark noodles in Fami. Plus the neons are mildly more tolerable.

1 Like

I’m curious what masks you’re referring to specifically?

Google seems to suggest this might be stretching the definition of “look normal”.

3 Likes

I don’t think anybody even knows what the rules are at the moment, but AFAIK there is no actual rule about what type of mask you wear. If it covers your face, it’s a mask.

You’re sure to get some old biddy who gives you an earful, but that’s the world we live in now.

1 Like

The whole point of masks is to hide your identity. Anything covid related (outdoors) is just theatre.

Some of those are a little Friday the 13th-ish, to be sure, haha. There’s one that’s almost totally clear, with clear ‘strings’ too. Will link it later, still researching.

Fo sure…

So what happens when I say: Laobanya, wo zai chaun yi ge riben zuo de touming de kezao. (Is that right?)

Definitely an interesting philosophical question.

I was thinking of wearing a Hazmat suit to work last year.

That’s my understanding too. For example, the more breathable foam masks that some people use despite (even) lower efficacy.

I wouldn’t be surprised to get an earful from certain self-righteous Forumosans, either. :whistle:

2 Likes

好吃嗎?

This kind of mask?

That’s definitely a “normal-looking” Asian woman in my book. No idea what the hell she’s wearing on her face though.

Those clear masks fog up and codensation from your breath builds up on the clear window very quickly.
Very hot too.

I had a pack of them months ago. Tossed them out.

5 Likes

Beard nets!

2 Likes

Haha. The thick frames make it even weirder.

It’d be one of these, of better:

我不相信塑料是可食用的。但是可食用的透明口罩是個好主意。

That’s hilarious, but also inevitable that the emperor would literally end up wearing no clothes, eventually.

What’s that?

I went into Familymart today… some kid pointed and laughed, but I just ignored him…

If by laobanya you mean female boss or the bosses wife, it’s more like 老闆娘 lǎobǎnniáng