Getting my bicycle from Tainan to Hualien....What are my options?

I have been doing some research on how to get my bicycle from Tainan to Hualien. If possible, I would prefer not to have to take it apart and put it back together again…So, are there any options for shipping WHOLE bicycles? I know some places do scooter shipping from train station to train station. I wonder if they could help out? I also know that some trains allow whole bicycles, but unfortunately I do not believe any of those trains run from Tainan to Hualien. If anyone has any experience doing this kind of thing, please let me know!

Thanks for reading

-Ian

[quote=“Ihoop”]I have been doing some research on how to get my bicycle from Tainan to Hualian. If possible, I would prefer not to have to take it apart and put it back together again…So, are there any options for shipping WHOLE bicycles? I know some places do scooter shipping from train station to train station. I wonder if they could help out? I also know that some trains allow whole bicycles, but unfortunately I do not believe any of those trains run from Tainan to Hualian. If anyone has any experience doing this kind of thing, please let me know!

Thanks for reading

-Ian[/quote]

You can take it to Tainan TRA station and ship it to Hualien on a baggage train. I think it would take 2 days (possibly 3) and cost in the $500-600 range given the distance. I’d take it to the station 3 days before you need to pick it up in Hualien, just to be safe.

There is a sticky on the cycling sub-forum about bikes and trains in Taiwan with some useful links and discussions.

Stop by your local Giant shop and see what they can do for you. I have no idea for your location but know they can help ship bikes between other cities.