Getting namecards made

I want to get some namecards.

I know where to go, but what do you usualy give them.

I have an image I stole.off the net. Do I just give them this, and tellt hem what I want written on it? Give them a printout, a disc, what? Or do I have to design the thing myself with photoshop or something?

Brian

Brian, what i normally do is to give them the file for any images to be used, and a printout of what i expect, as well as the sepcs, what goes where and what size etc, leaving it to them does not work

I also have given them most of the design on disc. Since I do not have photoshop, I stand/sit right next to them as they refine the images I want. If I let them design it alone, I have been dissatisfied and have to have them redo it anyway. What I have ended up with is a name card like no other.

If the name cards do not have a white background, also make sure that they are printed and cut properly. In other words, there should not be a white line on any edges where the ink did not print.

This could be difficult. I think you will have a hard time finding a printer in Taiwan who is willing to print an image taken from the internet without full and proper documentation proving that you are the rightful owner of the trademark/copyright associated with that image. It might mean some lost business from their point of view, but without the proper paperwork the print shop laoban will simply have no way to be comfortable that you are the legal owner of the relevant intellectual property right.

how much do these typically cost?

This could be difficult. I think you will have a hard time finding a printer in Taiwan who is willing to print an image taken from the internet without full and proper documentation proving that you are the rightful owner of the trademark/copyright associated with that image. It might mean some lost business from their point of view, but without the proper paperwork the print shop laoban will simply have no way to be comfortable that you are the legal owner of the relevant intellectual property right.[/quote]

I don’t think so! I have never met a printer in Taiwan who cared about anything you just talked about and I’ve dealt with many printers here.
Just my experience.

[quote=“panda”]I don’t think so! I have never met a printer in Taiwan who cared about anything you just talked about and I’ve dealt with many printers here.
Just my experience.[/quote]

You’re quite right, Panda. I retract my original statement.

Cheers,

[quote=“Hobbes”][quote=“panda”]I don’t think so! I have never met a printer in Taiwan who cared about anything you just talked about and I’ve dealt with many printers here.
Just my experience.[/quote]

You’re quite right, Panda. I retract my original statement.

Cheers,[/quote]

Oh wow, LoL!!

This could be difficult. I think you will have a hard time finding a printer in Taiwan who is willing to print an image taken from the internet without full and proper documentation proving that you are the rightful owner of the trademark/copyright associated with that image. It might mean some lost business from their point of view, but without the proper paperwork the print shop laoban will simply have no way to be comfortable that you are the legal owner of the relevant intellectual property right.[/quote]

That and all their copies of Photoshop are paid licensed versions as well.

You could find a graphic designer, whose opinion you value, to do a couple hours work for you. You might find a new approach to representing you and she/he would provide you on a disc all the possible formats that the printer could need. Then you can always take said disc back for more copies. There are a couple of designers who frequent Forumosa who you might ask.

:wink:

Thanks for the replies. I’ll give it a go.

Brian

One more random subjective opinion to throw out there Bu Lai En: Personally, I think it’s worth it to spend a little more for a higher quality, thick stock paper. Makes a much better first impression when you give them out, and it only costs a little more.

Cheers,