Getting on Spouse's ARC

Can anyone shed some light on what is involved to get on a Spouse’s ARC when both partners are NOT from Taiwan?

For example: 2 Canadians are married. 1 has an ARC. The other partner will not work but can stay in the country because he/she is married to a legally employed person.

The non-working spouse has to apply for a Joining Family Residence Visa (JFRV).

Serch or browse the ‘Residency’ forum for JFRV and you will find a lot of details about how to get this.

Brian

The applicant must submit :

1. A set of required documents (Passport. Application form. photos)
  2. A marriage certificate is required for the spouse. If issued outside Taiwan, the certificates must be authenticated by an ROC Embassy, Consulate or Mission with jurisdiction over the place of its issuance
  3. The principal alien’s valid Alien Resident Certificate;
  4. A health certificate issued within the past three months

Thanks Luke!
What government department takes care of this?
Would that person also get his/her own ARC? Whatabout single vs multiple entry into Taiwan…

Thanks again
:notworthy:

[quote=“Steeevieboy”]Thanks Luke!
What government department takes care of this?
Would that person also get his/her own ARC? Whatabout single vs multiple entry into Taiwan…

Thanks again
:notworthy:[/quote]

I think your company should take care of this. It would be handled through the MOFA with the ARC issued from the police
When you are issued an ARC, you will also get a re entry permit with the same validity period as your ARC

I did not know that a health check was a requirement

1. If your spouse now in Taiwan with visitor visa: Apply resident visa then apply ARC and re-entry permit.

2. If your spouse now in Canada: Apply Resident Visa at Taiwan Rep. office in Canada. Apply ARC and re-entry permit when comes to Taiwan.

[quote=“Steeevieboy”]Can anyone shed some light on what is involved to get on a Spouse’s ARC when both partners are NOT from Taiwan?

For example: 2 Canadians are married. 1 has an ARC. The other partner will not work but can stay in the country because he/she is married to a legally employed person.[/quote]

For a thorough procedures, these are the documents needed to apply Resident Visa in Taiwan:-

1. Applicant

Since when did resident visas become NT$3,000? Is that for everyone?

Well the BOCA charged my resident visa for NT3000 in December 2004. When I looked back at my receipt it stated single entry - NT2200 plus
簽證收辦費 NT800 = Total NT3000

I do wonder what is this “簽證收辦費” qian zheng4 shou ban4 fei? Can anyone tell me?

And this NT800 is not stated in the website… :loco:

Handling fee. They used to be NT$2,200. You’re not American are you?

Thanks hexuan for your clarification. Nope I’m not American.

You mean they charged previously of NT$2,200 is a TOTAL of single entry and handling fee?

Quick questions:

Do both partners (husband and wife) need to be there in TPE when handing in papers?
Can the application be downloaded online? -and where?

Thanks so much

[quote=“Steeevieboy”]Quick questions:

Do both partners (husband and wife) need to be there in TPE when handing in papers?
Can the application be downloaded online? -and where?

Thanks so much[/quote]

Hi Steeevieboy,

Parts of the application can be given to a local TW agent acting on your authority. You don’t need to be physically here doing the paperwork. Our office can handle those matters for you.

What application forms are you asking about?

The application for Joining Family Residence Visa (JFRV)
I’d prefer to fill it out here at home. Does my wife need to sign it?

Once this is all sorted out, can I marry your wife so I can stay, too? :smiley:

How about we just adopt you? …

“Son!” :smiley: