Getting Sick of Tech

I love my gadgets… but over the last month, they’ve all been irritating me…

My laptop gets dropped on the floor from head-height…
The phone I buy for the missus is faulty and I have to go back and replace it…
Three remotes have died…
I discover the Nokia N95 - which I have been waiting almost a year for - doesn’t have English menus…
The DVD player at our shop chucks a fit and won’t read any DVDs or VCDs for two days… making the little one quite distressed…

Now I discover a design fault with my laptop that allows me to accidentally turn it half-on (the CD player function) without realising it when I’m putting it into the laptop’s carrying bag… Didn’t find out for about an hour… Now the motors that eject the CD-tray are fried… luckily I can still open the tray with a paperclip, and it still reads CDs…

Yes… I’m somewhat frustrated right now… :fume:

Well, you could impose some kind of Tom Hanks Cast Away style adventure on yourself and see how you like that. I could use the weight loss, but I think I would miss my ADSL connection, among other toys.

I haven’t had much luck with cell phones over the years either, but my computer has been fairly stable for me.

i hear you.

in the last year i’ve toasted a 360, ipod, camera, mobile and laptop. half have been my own fault. i really suck at not dropping shit.

that’s a year… mine’s a month~~~

Mer > I know what you’re saying… would be depressing for sure~ Though I’m quite adept at wilderness survival…