Getting sued by contractor

Yep, get a receipt of payment is the rule.

(replying to you 'cos for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to add a comment w/out replying. I cannot find the button or option, and i know Iā€™m not the only oneā€¦and folks have complained about me doing this is the pastā€¦but still cannot find the option)

With no proof of payment, one claimed to have paid, the other notā€¦my main fear here would be being accused of trying to circumvent taxes. No receipt = no tax. Kinda bold of your accusers.

Iā€™m sure if he gets paid twice he wonā€™t mind giving a tax receipt for the second lot :wink:

1 Like

All comments in a thread are considered a reply to the original poster of the thread, unless you specifically reply to another comment.

1 Like

So always go back to the first post and reply to that. What about posts that have 1000+ replies?

(thx for your reply, btw, appreciated)

Use the blue button to reply to the thread (i.e. to the first post) - use the small reply button next to a post to reply to that post:

If you click the blue button, you will reply to the original post:

If you click the small reply button, you will reply to a particular post:

2 Likes

Got it! Thx eh!

Iā€™m here so long and never figured that out!

3 Likes

Oh. I thought you were looking for a separate Comment button instead of the big blue reply button at the bottom of the thread.

I had a guy call me claiming he he paid me a deposit for a satellite installation. No idea who the guy wasā€¦ claims I went to his place in Kenting. I asked for the date he claimed I was there. He said he spoke to me and paid NT$10k in cash deposit and got a paper receiptā€¦

So he sends me the receipt, scrap piece of paper and has my English name that someone signed and a date and 10k paid. I said great as that was not me. He said it is you and I have your business card. I reply well I can will screenshot passport pages as I was not in Taiwan on that date.

Then I asked him do you know what I look like? Well description of me does not match lol.

1 Like

Nothing in this case shows the OP has paid as no receipt. And yes he is the defendant so it upon him to prove his case as he admits the work was done. I am not saying he has not paid but there are two sides to each persons story. The court will issue a decision.

Totally means nothing. I usually always pay my bills promptly. I missed a Fubon credit card payment but I paid my card in full the following month. I slipped up is all. I thought I had paidā€¦ at least in my mind I had lol.

Right, so Iā€™m saying it will be a difficult case for the OP.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Wellā€¦ I lost. Always get a receipt for any work done.

9 Likes

Oh jeez! So the contractor got paid twice?

I think the lesson here is always get a receipt no matter what. If the guy can win for not giving a receipt in this case they could easily do the same thing with anything else. Next time you try to buy something and the laoban wonā€™t give a reciept, this shows he could claim you stole it and win since you didnā€™t get a receipt.

Basically donā€™t deal with anyone trying to dodge taxes because that could get you in trouble

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear that. Back in the day this type of problem could be sorted out by going over there with some type of iron-tool. Now there is CCTV and mobile everywhere. Sad.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe the great lengths he went to to get paid twice.

1 Like

Maybe it was a challenge. ā€œIā€™m so good at bullshitting people, I bet I could evenā€¦ā€ ā€œI bet you couldnā€™t!ā€ ā€œWatch me!ā€

1 Like