Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Added Neihu vaccination locations to the map

1 Like

Yes, after I posted, I thought it was off topic. I was looking for the info how/whether people can make a reservation for a vaccine at clinics in Taipei. Older people certainly could for the large-scale vaccination in previous weeks through city’s vaccine site, but I didn’t find a certain information for daily vaccination at clinics.

1 Like

So, here’s the map with all Taipei vaccination places based on this Taipei Department of Health news post and the 3 PDFs provided there:

Link
vac

I suspect that this kind of map already exists, maybe as part of g0v / @au … and hopefully based on open data, openStreetMaps etc. and not necessarily this proprietary google stuff ^^

Edit:

Yes it exists, but doesn’t seem to include the small community clinics (yet?). Here’s the official map with the current vaccination places all over Taiwan: COVID-19防治一網通

vac3.PNG

2 Likes

There is a link to a map for nationwide vaccine locations on CDC site. With address, phone number, open hours, link to registration site, etc.

I thought I found small clinics in Taipei on the map last week, but it is not there now. I’m not very sure if I really saw the clinics on the map.

My guess is the ~200 clinics in Taipei are for the coming large-scale vaccination to wider targets from July 1, and registration/announce for the round will start one or two days before the date as they did for the previous rounds.

1 Like

Please help me find it - my Mandarin is not very good unfortunately :frowning:

Edit: Seems to be here, but not the 207 small clinics: https://antiflu.cdc.gov.tw/Covid19

edit: And in the map is also the Nangang health center link for COVID vaccination… but seems no appointments available yet: https://webreg.tpech.gov.tw/RegOnline1_2.aspx?ZCode=R&DeptCode=0100&deptname=COVID-19疫苗特別門診

Thanks for your info. I also got my first shot there. First week of May.

2 Likes

By the way Xintai hospital says I can get the second shot there. However other hospitals are saying you have to wait 10 weeks and my 8th week comes up on the 30th. Is this a hard rule based on ministry of health that I have to wait until the 10th week or can I do it on the 8th week? I’m asking as Xintai hospital doesn’t prevent me from making a reservation however I don’t want to get denied at the last minute either. I live right next to Xintai hospital so I don’t need to travel on the MRT or anything.

They seem pretty adamant about the 10 weeks. In fact, a wait of 10-12 weeks between jabs is supposed to provide better protection.

3 Likes

If you can wait a year, it’s even better!

(I did post this on another thread, but it seems relevant to here too…)

The way I see it in Taiwan is jam it in my arms now before somebody takes it away again. Third shot I can figure out later.

8 Likes

Yeah and the presumed benefits of waiting a year are offset by the fact that Delta runs rampant over single (as opposed to double) vaccinated folks . . .

The time to get vaccinated is now.

Guy

5 Likes

Yes. I want to travel, and I won’t do that until I’m fully vaxed.

The exception would be if I can’t get my second dose at all here; then I would have to fly somewhere (California? Guam?) to get Pfizered.

2 Likes

This link posted was posted in another thread by @Mithrandir. It implies but doesn’t state that those of us looking for the second dose are going to have much better luck at hospitals than at clinics or the different vaccination centers. Also reinforces the idea that we’re going to have to wait ten weeks, although exceptions seem to be possible.

5 Likes

After getting pissed off at the hospital staff again, I decided to try in one of the clinics listed for Kaohsiung instead. Manual registration (the lady was literally writing names and details on a A4) and apparently it MUST be exactly 10 weeks (she calculated the days with her fingers). They promised that they will give me a call two days earlier, but somehow I don’t feel relieved at all by this writing on a A4 thing. I might also make multiple bookings like @lostinasia to hedge.

3 Likes

My experience getting the second shot:

Got an SMS from my hospital Sunday telling me to come in Tuesday for the second shot, went in, got the second shot.

10 Likes

We got a call from the hospital yesterday asking us to come in Friday for the 2nd jab! Yippeee!

9 Likes

So, my friend in Luodong went to the hospital to register for her second shot. They gave her the option of waiting until Day 70; or, if she had a pressing need, they could give her the shot right then and there. She chose the latter saying she was flying to the US in July. Now she is one of the lucky 0.15% of Taiwan’s population who are double vaxed.

4 Likes

I wonder why they set the cutoff date at May 9th. If I remember correctly, the self-paid vaccine program shut down around May 15th. Maybe because demand spiked?

3 Likes

Number of AZ shots on hand were calculated and allocated I guess . They’ll probably free up more soon.

3 Likes

My wife is a little peeved as she got her vaccination on the 10th! If we get another 1KK from Japan next month I think the cut off date will be extended, as long as the south keeps Delta under control.

2 Likes