Gewurztraminer

If you know what it is please respond> I’m having a little get together and am willing to travel to find it. Thanks

I had it, but it went away with antibiotics. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what it is, but it sounds German, so you should try G&G in Tienmu, just off ZhongShan N. Rd and TienMu E. Rd. They stock a lot of German goods.

As does Wendel’s. Maybe you should search them on google and give them a call to check first.

Good luck!

I haven’t found any German wines in Taipei. But I admit I haven’t looked that hard.

Hi, it’s actually not Gewurz it’s spelled correctly Gew

I just saw the logo which Richard found. Well, actually it is a French wine owned obviously by german people. From the Province Alsac. If you want to get some german wines, you should go to Sheraton Hotel close to Main Station in Taipei City. We went there yesterday and were surprised to find various German wines on the Wine card.

G&G has wines - a whole basement full, so give them a call.

The supermarket in the basement of the Far Eastern Mall at the bottom of Tun Hua South Road has a pretty good selection of high quality German wine. Not cheap, though.

Gewurztraminer may be a German word, but the wine needn’t be German. It’s simply the name of a white wine, and a grape, that is as likely to come from France, California or Chile than from Germany.

There’s a small bar/shop kind of place behind the SunMade supermarket (formerly known as the Tianmu Supermarket) on a small alley leading from the front entrance of SunMade kind of to PizzaHut on ZhongShan N. Rd. Sec. 7. They seem to be specializing in German wines judging from the display, but the place doesn’t seem to have regular opening times, maybe only worth a try if you’re in the area anyway.

Are you looking for a dry Gew

I’m pretty sure I saw a bottle in the Far East mall supermarket. The one Sandman mentions on Dunhua.

I bought a bottle yesterday from Costco in SiJhih. Cheap too. I think it was NT$3xx. Will put it on ice on Saturday and watch the sunset. Will give you my report later.

Thanks all, I found some at City Super (Far Eastern) and spotted some from New Zealand at Jasons

City Super is where I saw it. Can I ask how much it was?

Sure- it was $520 to be exact and tasty for what it’s worth. The New Zealand was selling for 1200 at Jasons

Gravedigging Monday, yeah!

Just in case people find this rather aged thread, here is an update: Since many years, Carrefour stocks several low (~300 NT) end to high end (>1000 NT) Gewurztraminer wines from Alsace/France.

PS: I guess there was a problem during moving the forum software. It seems that in the old posts above the text was completely cut off after the Umlaut “ü”.

I’ve seen at least one kind at Costco, too, with a price of about 400 NT.