GF hides our relationship from family. Advice Needed

[quote=“divea”]
make sure you’re happy with the potential MiL
F
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

But seriously, how old are you lot? If I was hot for a woman and she refused to walk next to me I would simply dump her. At the very least we would have a serious talk:

Jimi: Why don’t you walk next to me? I love you.
Sunny Leone: I don’t want the neighbors to know I’m in a relationship with a big-nose.
Jimi: But that’s absurd. We love each other, don’t we?
Asia Carrera: Sure, but we can’t let anyone know that.
Jimi: Why?
Jessica Drake: Because you don’t understand Taiwan culture.
Jimi: So go marry your Mama if I am such an embarrassment.

Ker-chung!

EDIT: Sorry, this was a mistake of mine. This is actually my post, not urodacus’. Please don’t credit him with such brilliance. jimipresley.

There are some things, your GF behavior shows. Her family may want to marry her with another person and she is worry about it.
But why not you send your mom & dad to her house to discuses you marriage with her? It is good solution. It will clear every thing to you.

bit tricky if they live in another country.

even trickier if they don’t know she exists, either.

[quote=“jimipresley”]

But seriously, how old are you lot? If I was hot for a woman and she refused to walk next to me I would simply dump her. At the very least we would have a serious talk:

Sunny Leone: I don’t want the neighbors to know I’m in a relationship with a big-nose.

Ker-chung!

EDIT: Sorry, this was a mistake of mine. This is actually my post, not urodacus’. Please don’t credit him with such brilliance. jimipresley.[/quote]

Hey, i have NO IDEA who any of those women might be. Honestly. :whistle:

Keep the outlaws out of it . Its hard enough for two people to blend together. Keep both sides of the family out of the jingle till it jangles.

Get your baby (GF) and make her yours. Worry bout her family later. 80pct chance they will not like you. Its just the way it is. So many Taiwanese people told me their parents were against them going out too. The mothers always dislikes the boyfriends it seems or its the father or both of em.

The closer she is to 30 the easier it will be to keep her family out of it, the less they will care too.

This is true. Especially if they’re over 30. The parents starting getting desperate and just want her married!

Parents: We want grandchildren!
Her: But my bf is a foreigner, I thought you don’t like him?
Parents: We don’t care! Get him to marry you and have a grandson and all is forgiven!
Her: :ohreally: Um…ok…

You: WTF? What happened? Why do they like me all of a sudden?

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“divea”]
make sure you’re happy with the potential MiL
F
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

Ker-chung!

EDIT: Sorry, this was a mistake of mine. This is actually my post, not urodacus’. Please don’t credit him with such brilliance. jimipresley.[/quote]

ANd when did I write the Mil thingy??? I feel spaced out and can’t remember things I wrote!!! Sounds like Jimi

Since so much of the advice here is so well-informed, I think I’ll chime in again with more of my own: Taiwanese parents care a great deal about their daughter’s sexual happiness, so make sure she tells her parents tales of screaming, multiple orgasms. That will go over about as well with the parents as forcing the issue of telling them about you will with her.

Where’s your cactus? :cactus:

:wink:

[quote=“super_lucky”]To be brutally honest, you are lucky she hasn’t brought you 'round her family, cuz I’m telling you, boss, that’s when the problems start. I’ll spare us all the details of my experience except to say this: once you’re introduced to the family, you become part of the family. Sounds great, right? Wrong. What do families do? They ask you to help Junior with his English lessons, they ask you to dog-sit over long holiday weekends, they ask you to help baba move a couch seven floors down–no elevator, they ask you for loans, they ask you to do ridiculous errands you wouldn’t fucking dream of doing for your own parents, and last of all, they ask when the hell are you going to buy a house and marry our daughter?

OK, maybe her family is super-cool and you’ll be spared the torture. Maybe. If I were you, knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t force the issue in anyway, in fact, I’d be very likely to stonewall as long as possible. Enjoy it.[/quote]

Am I the luckiest foreigner here or what? I never had to put up with any of these…except dog-sitting for an afternoon :slight_smile:

Well for the guy that started the whole topic I have to say…take it easy and eventually if the things are going ok, she will suggest you to go and have a talk with her baba.

[quote=“Greek@Taiwan”][quote=“super_lucky”]To be brutally honest, you are lucky she hasn’t brought you 'round her family, cuz I’m telling you, boss, that’s when the problems start. I’ll spare us all the details of my experience except to say this: once you’re introduced to the family, you become part of the family. Sounds great, right? Wrong. What do families do? They ask you to help Junior with his English lessons, they ask you to dog-sit over long holiday weekends, they ask you to help baba move a couch seven floors down–no elevator, they ask you for loans, they ask you to do ridiculous errands you wouldn’t fucking dream of doing for your own parents, and last of all, they ask when the hell are you going to buy a house and marry our daughter?

OK, maybe her family is super-cool and you’ll be spared the torture. Maybe. If I were you, knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t force the issue in anyway, in fact, I’d be very likely to stonewall as long as possible. Enjoy it.[/quote]

Am I the luckiest foreigner here or what? I never had to put up with any of these…except dog-sitting for an afternoon :slight_smile:

Well for the guy that started the whole topic I have to say…take it easy and eventually if the things are going ok, [color=#FF0000]she will suggest you to go and have a talk with her baba.[/color][/quote]
My FiL had a stroke the day after I met him… :s

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Greek@Taiwan”][quote=“super_lucky”]To be brutally honest, you are lucky she hasn’t brought you 'round her family, cuz I’m telling you, boss, that’s when the problems start. I’ll spare us all the details of my experience except to say this: once you’re introduced to the family, you become part of the family. Sounds great, right? Wrong. What do families do? They ask you to help Junior with his English lessons, they ask you to dog-sit over long holiday weekends, they ask you to help baba move a couch seven floors down–no elevator, they ask you for loans, they ask you to do ridiculous errands you wouldn’t fucking dream of doing for your own parents, and last of all, they ask when the hell are you going to buy a house and marry our daughter?

Well for the guy that started the whole topic I have to say…take it easy and eventually if the things are going ok, [color=#FF0000]she will suggest you to go and have a talk with her baba.[/color][/quote]
My FiL had a stroke the day after I met him… :s[/quote]
And your dear wife still didn’t take the hint? :laughing:

[quote=“divea”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Greek@Taiwan”][quote=“super_lucky”]To be brutally honest, you are lucky she hasn’t brought you 'round her family, cuz I’m telling you, boss, that’s when the problems start. I’ll spare us all the details of my experience except to say this: once you’re introduced to the family, you become part of the family. Sounds great, right? Wrong. What do families do? They ask you to help Junior with his English lessons, they ask you to dog-sit over long holiday weekends, they ask you to help baba move a couch seven floors down–no elevator, they ask you for loans, they ask you to do ridiculous errands you wouldn’t fucking dream of doing for your own parents, and last of all, they ask when the hell are you going to buy a house and marry our daughter?

My FiL had a stroke the day after I met him… :s[/quote]
And your dear wife still didn’t take the hint? :laughing:[/quote]
Apparently not. But as I’ve said before, my MiL loves me. :thumbsup:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the advice out there so many replies. Everything is all good still haven’t met the parents yet which after reading this blog im a bit grateful for :slight_smile: haha My GF and me are still really happy together which is all that really matters. Just take it as it come I guess definitely dont want any pressure or to be lifting coaches and dog sitting didnt really think about that thanks haha. And no i really dont look like a skater bum but there was one point in my life that I really did … it was a great time :slight_smile: I hope it really isnt as bad as this thread sound but thanks for the heads up out there somethings were said i really need to consider.