Gigabyte Technology, Taipei - salary indication?

I’d like to have a salary indication for Gigabyte Technology (技嘉科技), in Xindian, Taipei.

I’m a (Senior) software developer with 15 years work experience of which 7 in Taiwan. What monthly salary can I expect in this company? Yearly? (for bonuses etc.)

Anyone? Thanks :bow:

If your title is “Senior Software Developer” and you’re being treated as a local hire, my wild guess is NT$80-100k on a 14 month basis (i.e. fixed 2-month bonus), performance bonus of up to 3 months on a good year. Minor benefits.

But with 15 years’ experience, you should be shooting for some kind of “architect” or management position, which would get you another maybe 20%.

(Note: I haven’t worked for Gigabyte or any similar companies)

Edit: Also, michaelpage.com.tw/salary-su … Taiwan/all

Thanks. It’s common to be asked “how much do you want to earn?” in interviews. I hate it with a passion. They should have a scale where employees – based on skills and years experience – fall into a category. From which one might deviate somewhat (negotation/special skills). But no, if you gave a low amount, you might one day find out a more junior guy or gal earns 20,000 nt$ more than you? I once also said a too high amount. They gave a dumb shit excuse of how the job opening was closed suddenly or something like that (that company had something about heirloom tomatoes as their source of inspiration). It’s a ridiculous game of “guess our salary range”. So it’s an important question.

would it be worse for foreigner? i heard entry level is low salary

The correct answer to that question is: 150% of what you earn. :bow:

The correct answer to that question is: 150% of what you earn. :bow:[/quote]

and the answer works?

OP: Are you still there? I sent you a pm a week ago or so.

When I get this question about Salary, I usually answer them with a question like “How much are you willing to pay?”

Sorry for offtopic but how much taxes does an employer have to pay on top of the salary as a rule of thumb?

Yes that is an annoying question. If you had the nerve to sit it out, stay silent and just say, “how much are you willing to pay”, and stick to your guns, it might be more interesting.

Yes that is an annoying question. If you had the nerve to sit it out, stay silent and just say, “how much are you willing to pay”, and stick to your guns, it might be more interesting.[/quote]

I can’t imagine that working.

You should know going in what your market value is, and be prepared to justify it. “I’m making $X right now as a consultant and you need to compete with that somehow” is an angle that’s worked fairly well for me.

The normal advice is “I’ll provide $Y in business value”, but I find that tricky – if you’re going that route then you need to explain why the other guy who’s much cheaper than you will provide less.

At minimum, know the averages from the Michael Page survey I linked earlier and where you lie in (or out of) that spectrum, and why.

Yes that is an annoying question. If you had the nerve to sit it out, stay silent and just say, “how much are you willing to pay”, and stick to your guns, it might be more interesting.[/quote]

I can’t imagine that working.

You should know going in what your market value is, and be prepared to justify it. “I’m making $X right now as a consultant and you need to compete with that somehow” is an angle that’s worked fairly well for me.

The normal advice is “I’ll provide $Y in business value”, but I find that tricky – if you’re going that route then you need to explain why the other guy who’s much cheaper than you will provide less.

At minimum, know the averages from the Michael Page survey I linked earlier and where you lie in (or out of) that spectrum, and why.[/quote]

I’ve gone to jobs in industries where they really needed staff, kept my mouth shut about expected pay, and been offered a higher hourly rate than I expected. I agree it’s not a normal salary negotiation route, but it could be done. If you had savings and other options, it would be interesting to try. I know programmers are highly sought after right now.

That’s probably a more workable tactic.

I find the psychological push/pull in salary negotiations interesting. Who throws out the first figure? It comes down to who can walk away first.

You’d earn more doing remote work for a us company.