Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic, Bundaberg?)

https://g.page/kiwigourmetburgers?share

Kiwi Gourmet Burgers should have them.

1 Like

Chinita’s Cubano sells Bundaberg sodas.

1 Like

Chinita’s Cubano is a place I’d never heard of before, but apparently should try out!

Bogart’s Smoke House in Nangang has Bundaberg Ginger Beer. I don’t remember the price, maybe 100$?

1 Like

Forgot to report back: works great, I made some batches in plastic 5l water bottles. Very refreshing! I think it was this recipe, and it tasted similar good with simple supermarket dry baking yeast and beer brewing yeast:

3 Likes

Last week, the Tianmu City Super had a label for Bundaberg ginger beer on the shelf, but were out of stock - so presumably they sometimes have it.

To buy Bundaberg Ginger Beer or others flavors, contact the importer right here: Redirecting...

If you prefer not to use Shopee, just send them a PM to this FB, they have English service. Prices are ~$95 a bottle and free delivery options to your door. There are also Ginger Beer cans that are priced cheaper than the bottles. Delivery takes about 1-2 days. Cash on delivery or prepaid options.

Currently 10 flavors available in total. Here is the website: https://www.sarkii.com/bundaberg

3 Likes

I went to Bundaberg’s web site and the first thing they do is ask where you live. If you say “Taiwan” you get tagged as living in a “Province of China”. Not thirsty anymore.

5 Likes

I hate when that happens. China has its claws in everything.

1 Like

Fevertree ginger beer is also in Taiwan imported by the same folks who import Douglas Liang whisky. You can order a case at a time. I like to make a Moscow mule with either vodka or moonshine
Good stuff:

4 Likes

This is where you email them reminding them of the mistake politely.

Province of China is not capitulation, but use of the ISO country list.

Proof here they’re not yet compromised and we have a chance at reversing it.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but I think it’s possible to get them to fix it when the Chinese are not looking.

Woolloomooloo has loads of Bundeberg.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking I’d be giving up non-alcoholic ginger beer after the above “Province of China” comment. Maybe they’re not total jerks?

Never attribute to malice for what can be explained by ignorance.

There is always a chance with the ignorant.

3 Likes

Maybe a small explanation for the ones amongst us who are not web designers/programmers:

Often websites want to implement a “list of countries”. So what many (most) web developers do is simply use a “standard” list of countries to plug into there, instead of typing all countries by themselves.

The probably most widely used standard list is coming from the ISO, the international organization for Standardization. Unfortunately, their list of country codes has Taiwan listed as “Taiwan (Province of China)”.

Thus, very often in many web projects, this political bullshit creeps into otherwise innocent web projects.

Note: Other websites like airlines etc. are being actively pressured by the PRC to change the wordings. These don’t have the above innocent excuse. In these cases, I think we can immediately judge whether they are deep enough in China’s rectum to not care about Taiwan (Example: Lufthansa calls it “Taiwan, China”), or if they find ways to get such bullshit PRC complaints buried without trampling over Taiwan (Example: Many websites call it just “Taiwan” but list it under “countries and regions”, or simply call it “Taiwan, Republic of China”)

4 Likes

I appreciate you writing this while my attention is divided in the day with work.

1 Like