Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic, Bundaberg?)

Where can I find Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic), preferably Australian Bundaberg - or something very similar? Closest I know is Schweppes Ginger ale, which is… not as good by far.

The manufacturer mentions that they don’t export it to “Taiwan, Province of China” (SIC and Sick :face_vomiting:), but it’s available in other parts of Asia and maybe someone imports it to here… Or someone ships by online shopping?

4 Likes

I love this shit. I dream about it. Following.

Can sugar-free ginger beer exist? I’d kill for that. (only communists though, as they’re not people)

Only communists drink sugar-free.

(But yes, a diet version exists iirc)

1 Like

It does and it’s delicious!

I went to the bundaburg factory and they explained that instead of adding extra sweetener to substitute the sugar tastes, they add extra ginger :sunglasses:

Closest import at that time was the Philippines.

1 Like

Great, now you (and the heat) got me thinking about bucks. :on:

It’s really not hard to make. But get swing-top bottles or face risk of lethal explosion.

3 Likes

Good news! BUNDABERG Ginger beer and their full range arrives in Taiwan in less than 3 weeks.

bundaberg02

Deliveries to your doorstep with Cash on delivery.

Send this page a message (the importers) and they’ll let you know.

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Wow! And in the next street to me, Hurrah!

1 Like

Sounds good! I’ll try it soon myself!
Cheers!

Here’s where to get Bundaberg Ginger beer and other brews in Taiwan.

Bundaberg%20range%20FB%20post

Try this one for direct orders:

Or message one of these two… whichever is easiest.

Facebook: sarktw

https://shopee.tw/shop/165426028/

Happy Bundaberging!

1 Like

Thanks!

Bump.

Has anyone seen Bundaberg ginger beer in shops in Taipei City / New Taipei City? Or any other ginger beer, for that matter.

I saw Bundaberg ginger beer at Ed’s Diner in Dazhi (or is that Neihu?), but since I was on a bicycle I couldn’t bring any home; the google docs link above doesn’t work, although the shopee link seems OK.

For some reason City Super is selling Bundaberg Sarsparilla but not ginger beer.

I’m drinking ginger kombucha instead.

2 Likes

And how much is City Super charging for it? :joy:

About 100 for the sarsaparilla

I’m trying to decide if that’s a reasonable price…I don’t even know how much I’ve paid for it in the States because I just buy it, but considering that Dr Pepper is like NT60 or something at City Super, I often find it difficult to justify their prices. For a while, a lot of Western, “hard-to-find” drinks (ok, not that hard, but Dr Pepper, A&W, etc.) were NT$39 from Carrefour (not unreasonable for an import), sometimes as low as NT23 on clearance (very reasonable for an import), but I stopped buying it because it’s heavy and I don’t want to haul heavy things home. I guess if you think of buying something at City Super as buying something from a fancy/high traffic downtown anywhere store in the US, it’s very reasonable…

Through the magic of Shrimpskin/Prawnskin! I present to you…Bundaberg!

https://shopee.tw/search?keyword=bundaberg

4 Likes

Well, I did say above that the Shopee link works; I’d just prefer to get a couple of bottles from a supermarket to see if I actually like them. Plus I’ve never yet ordered from Shopee. One of those things I need to figure out.

I discovered today the Nanshan Breeze Super sells Galvanina “Natural Italian Sparkling Beverage” Ginger Beer. NT$139 for a bottle. I will be very surprised if it is worth that price, but I was craving ginger beer and I saw ginger beer, so I bought a ginger beer.

EDIT: Oh, now I understand the shrimp skin / 蝦皮 reference!

Link for those, like me, who haven’t used Shopee but are considering it:

1 Like