Girls/Women Peeling Shrimp for A Guy

I swear there’s hardly nothing that makes some Taiwan girls/women more happy than to peel shrimp for a guy, in this case me, even though I’ve been peeling shrimp and eating them by the handful since I could walk.

Cute smiles, starry look in eyes, and saying repeatedly “I only do this for you”.

Maybe this is also a cultural issue having old deep roots.

4 Likes

My wife peels shrimp for me, but only because I’m not good at it and I don’t want to eat shrimp anyway. I love breaded fried shrimp though.

PATRIARCHY INTENSIFYING.

I think:“Go peel me a shrimp” must be the local version of:“go make me a sandwich”.

5 Likes

Or perhaps foreshadowing the peeling of their clothes later that evening after the date :smirk:

1 Like

Some women are more attracted to you because they see you as hopeless so their mothering instincts kick in

I never managed the I’m a weak suck thing so my gfs never did jack shit for me

Or on my behalf

In fact I have to cater to their nonsense

The lazy weeches

Only thing though is that once a woman is doing everything for you she normally expects you to stay and she owns you

So don’t be thinking of straying

A real gentleman peels shrimps for the lady.

4 Likes

Does she get all the legs off

Indeed. It’s like that scene in Sex and The City where Samantha(?) has a date with a guy who sits there ostentatiously eating oysters.

A real gentleman eats steak.

That’s how you get deep into the friendzone…

Unless “peeling the shrimp” is a sexual metaphor.

Wait…was this thread all a sexual metaphor since the beginning? Have we been conned?

4 Likes

But my mother-in-law peels shrimps for me. :man_shrugging:

Are you saying…?

9 Likes

Does she only peel shrimps for you?

1 Like

I think so… probably because she thinks I’m incompetent at it. Which I kind of am. :man_shrugging:

Do you at least say “thank you”?

To me, I avoid eating shrimp for several reasons:

1. They are a bit 麻煩 to eat.
  2. Some shrimp still have shrimp shit in them. so you not only have to peel the shell off, but also remove the intestines.
  3. Your hands tend to smell “shrimpy” after peeling shrimp.
    Those are the top three reasons.

So for someone to peel the shrimp for you, it’s not a sexual metaphor. It’s an act of love. It’s showing that they want to take on this 麻煩 task for you so you don’t have to.

So show some appreciation the next time someone offers to do that for you.

I do more. I also do the cute smiles and starry eye look and say thank you repeatedly.

It’s worth the service for shrimp peeling.

She may like a drink or three, but she’s got a lot of positives.

1 Like

Yes we know.

Guy

My mother in law gives me the chicken ass since it’s the best part. Apparently.

6 Likes

Yeah, I used to get this from my wife, until she became vegetarian, and still occasionally get it from my mother-in-law. It’s sweet but also sort of aggravating … I wind up peeling the shrimp, because I don’t want them to do it for me, but I don’t even particularly want the shrimp, because as keoni suggests above, they’re just not worth the hassle.

I can’t abide by anyone telling me what to eat, etc. It’s one cultural hill I’m willing to die on. I’m pretty sure my MIL hates me at mealtimes lol

6 Likes