Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

I think my COIN may go green today. Thank you, crazy dreamy people!

1 Like

I don’t mess with individual stocks much, but my understanding is that stop-loss orders can backfire in a couple ways, especially for volatile stocks. They execute as market orders, meaning you may actually sell for much less than the trigger level if the price is crashing. And the price can easily bounce back again immediately afterwards, at which point you’ve lost money.

So if you’re long-term bullish about the stock, it’s better to just hold it and ride out the volatility. And if you’re not, it’s better to take the profit and move your money to something you believe in more.

If for some reason you really want to hold it but also hedge, buy put options. You pay a premium but they’re guaranteed to work the way you want.

2 Likes

Word.

1 Like

Darn, did it again. Lost patience and sold shares I should not have.

And I told myself, LCID is one of those you don’t sell.

Guess what. Up 47% after confirming deliveries of first car yesterday.

:woozy_face:

The car is more than a bit expensive and also limited production .Seems a lot of hype ?

1 Like

Yeah, but Hype equals Money, if you buy the rumor. Price will drop for sure. But long term Lucid looks strong, that’s why I had shares in the first place.

Yes you missed the hype move. Hey it happens. What do you think of Nio? Will it sell well overseas as well as China . I’m looking for that kind of breakthrough Chinese stock in this sector, surely they are a contender. Not everybody can buy teslas. European companies are making electric versions also, sure.

Nio, Xpeng, and Li Auto. I like the Chinese EVs, but you never know with the government over there. I am only swing trading right now. No long-term holds.

I currently also have some Polestar, that company is quite far as well.

1 Like

Which one is the leader in your opinion, which makes the best middle class cars so to speak,and which one has successfully gained some marketshare overseas d you know ?

NIO. But need to see how the swapping station thing goes abroad. I think they will start with Norway first.

Swapping doesn’t seem a good idea for cars.

Yes! Batteries are a major cost factor in EV’s. Swapping batteries means you must produce way more batteries which can be swapped to.
And customers will complain if they happen to swap to an older battery with less range.

1 Like

https://www.fisherinvestments.com/en-us/marketminder/inflation-is-up-gold-hasnt-glittered

Fisher says no to Gold.

Time to buy Gold? :laughing:

I bought a while back, up 12% or so. so, meh.

Have some GOLD shares. Way below all-time high.

Best time to accumulate.

I have read more than a few articles saying crypto is the new gold/silver (what people are buying as a hedge against inflation). We will see.

I am tempted to buy $5-10K or so of gold just to see; but then again, I could just put that into Bitcoin/Ether instead.

What’s missing IMO is how crypto will respond to regulation.

We already had a US ETF futures SEC approved and some countries have spot ETFs for crypto already,I believe Australia just announced that . The US will probably approve a spot ETF for bitcoin or ethereum by 2022 Q2 latest.

Regulation is a positive force for getting the pension fund to pump money into it. The adoption curve is underway.