Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Correct. And to me there’s not a lot of logic to it give that demand for accommodation and flights is going to soar. It should be a time to DCA , yes.

1 Like

Well, everything is in the basement these days. Great time to buy on the cheap.

2 Likes

Bonds could be a good short term trade since they’ve had a massive selloff.

I’ve been 0% bonds for two years now, and not looking for short term trades.

Sold yesterday morning, almost 1000% of return. I drink wiskey whole day Long. I don’t if and when but playing with idea to short Oil & Gas prices in a future.

What makes you think that? What’s your time frame?

I like oil stocks (a lot), but with the increase in prices, a lot of those previously talking capital restraint and showing a reluctance to do a big ramp up are now ramping up, even though we’re up close to 60% on rig counts in the US YoY, and production is near record highs. It’s time (for me) to start being a bit more cautious on oil.

Is an idea for now. Probably will see over supply of oil in the future. China slows down cause of covid and problems with property market. With raising up interest the FED willl strengten dollar and put pressure on lower prices of oil and emerging markets will have own difficulties as well.
Higher prices of oil, and higher interest rates, more motivate I wil be to short it. Let’s see after 9 months set up might be perfect

When it comes to gas, European economies can not afford high prices long term. We will find, build up alternatives resources within 5 years and I think Russians will find in their best interest to finish war. If piece treaty is singed or Putin is removed, I will short it immediately

Huh, I’d go the other way. Good luck. Long oil and energy.

What financial assets do you consider for oil? In Europe I like OMV and Eni. As it stands now, oil is good investment. Will see after 9 months

VLO, KMI, so refining and pipes.

1 Like

any coinbase or bitcoin fans buying in?

Not me. I keep some COIN as a reminder though. :laughing:

Strong down movements all across the board. Over leveraged got wiped out and forced to sell.

Or the smart money is taking their money out, is watching the bag holders, waiting to buy in cheap? :eek:

It does not exclude each other. See a lot of wiped out gambler portfolios on reddit.
Smart money sold off a while ago.

I think it will drop more. I am ready to pick up some stocks on the cheap. :smiley:

1 Like

The money has to go somewhere, right? Lot of people holding cash, I assume they will come back in like a tidal wave some day, unless there is an end-of-the-world scenario (Ukraine war goes nuclear, another pandemic, North Korea goes ballistic, China economy collapse or Taiwan invasion, wide-spread famine and revolutions in poor countries leading to mass migrations, etc.). If the world keeps on ticking normally, the stock market will recover and people who invest now, during these dark times, will be rewarded hugely. Some of my positions are down 70%~80%, but I am continuing to buy moderate amounts each month during this downward spiral. Also, hope gold is taking off soon. :rocket:

I finally had to reset my leverage last night. An annoying aspect of having a fixed leverage strategy is that you have to sell when the market is down and buy when it’s up. I remain optimistic that things won’t get much worse, though.

Thinking of putting money into LUNA. The Terra stablecoin lost its peg and fell to $.66, but has quickly recovered back to $.90. The associated LUNA coin tho is still down like 75%. This all happened within a day. Assuming the whole ecosystem doesn’t go belly up it could be easy money

But it’s risky.

Basically if people put their money back into TerraUSD and Anchor, then Luna will go back up

Yup

Nope. Money is relative. Liquidity is gone when market is in panic. The FED traders are in daily contacts with dealers to provide liquidity. When something really break they will actively jump in and provide liquidity. By then market participants can lose huge amount already.

The FED wants equity to lose value. Inflation is a problem. This is why market falling down. Most of participants understand this.