Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Diesel fuel is a problem. Took a bus trip last weekend, and the driver said the company is teetering on bankruptcy, and haven’t yet raised their prices. Diesel is as high as its ever been, and they deliver everything. The summer is sitting home is upon us.

Sold MSFT (small gain) and VLO (big gain) today.

Newsletter:

fit!

We were right to be heavy in cash. Now, it’s time to stack some more capital.

Microsoft (MSFT) reported great earnings a couple of weeks back, but the stock still can’t catch a bid. That’s an ominous sign, so we’ll step to the sidelines.
Action to Take: Sell Microsoft (MSFT) for an 11% loss.
Valero (VLO) , meanwhile, has begun to cool off. We’re up 41% in just two months. Let’s book these gains.
Action to Take: Sell Valero (VLO) for a 41% gain.
There will be free and fast money on the other side of this bearish storm. For now, we trade lightly. Stay patient.

1 Like

Well, TerraUSD is back to $.40 and Luna is now at $1.78 (it was $118 two months ago). So if you took my advice you’d be hurting ha. I’ve been monitoring to see if there’s a chance to go back in but it’s too risky. Terra may be dead completely. My very large amount sitting in Anchor is down 60% and I’m not sure if I should withdraw or ride it out. Big money to be made or lost here.

All of crypto is getting crushed now. Solana is down 27% today. If Terra does fail it will be a major issue for crypto in general. Expect more regulation etc, esp for stablecoins

1 Like

What I see doesn’t look all that stable to me.

But then I am in the entertainment business, so what do I know.

1 Like

I’m back into KYN.

Are we testing the bottom today?

https://www.investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/dow-jones-futures-jump-ahead-of-key-inflation-report-coinbase-unity-plunge-on-earnings/?src=A00220

She’s on it, don’t worry ha ha

ESG is a sham, but it’s what all corporates are trying to do to be “woke”.
So, if do not promote long-term shareholder value, does everyone just become day traders, Blackrock (promoter of ESG)?

1 Like

COIN(base) is -23% to $55.84. It’s sheet truly hit the fan.
LUNA today -93%. Yes nearly 100% to $2.36.
UST -52% to 51 cents. They’re supposed to keep this at par $1.
All kinds of chatter out there in crypto space in relation to UST and LUNA and COIN’s involvement. :popcorn:

For reference, COIN maxed out at $368 thereabouts.

Thank God I didnt hold any luna, terra.

I lucked out and went to cash on everything Dec 31 when I went to rebalance. Timed the top perfectly but completely by accident.
Now I’m buying in bit by bit every week on every dip. Have a long term timeframe as well plus I’m buying index funds only so…I’ll pick them up cheap from panic sellers, sure

1 Like

Yeah, I bought a bit more today as well. Earnings are solid, with a bit of post covid tech exuberance things look good. Energy is a no brainer. And smokes, my smokes are up today on takeover news.

2 Likes

He called it 2 years ago.

Sure there is a bottom? l prepare for this down spiral continuing until the end of the year.

1 Like

I sold my energy stocks a month before they started to fly. Big mistake. Now I just buy boring index funds but that way I don’t need to do any research again :smiley: just a lazy set and forget for this guy

2 Likes

I think you’re right there. The fed has signalled to the big players that everything is overvalued and they wont be supporting the game anymore so everyone is taking a risk off attitute it seems.

Not so much a wild uncontrolled crash but a controlled and intentional crash. Since I have no idea when it will stop it’s time to keep calm and DCA

usually after a bubble you get a drop below the mean and then return to mean.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking QQQ again when the Naz turns around.

I put a bunch of money on UST and had to cash out at a loss after seeing it not repeg and Luna dropping to cents. Down about $200k USD from a stablecoin. Should have used it on a home down payment instead of hoping for passive returns.

If Nasdaq drops to ~8k I think I’ll go all in on TQQQ

ouch.
I’m still letting my UST ride hoping for a re-peg

1 Like

I think they might eventually repeg, similar to IRON.