Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Palantir has been really strong this month.

But NVIDIA is still my top-performing stock (currently 70%)

All about AI these days, I guess

2 Likes

I dumped that shitty stock six months ago lol. Figured it was a fraud. Who knew.

Recently my top picks were MSFT and Google for the same reasons.

I am still holding all my bags, some might contain the goods… :grin:

1 Like

I have 50 bucks still in pltr. :grinning:

1 Like

That shitty stock up another 9% right now.:laughing:

1 Like

I had palentir and stuck with it down to minus 20% and then a week or so ago, when I got break even, I sold. It’s up 20% since:…

I find I do that often… buy the right stock at the wrong time, ride it all the way down and then I tend to be so relieved to break even, I sell, and then invariably it continues on its upward trend, which then reminds me why I bought the stock in the first place.

I’m trying to break the habit… that’s what makes investing so interesting, challenging and in some ways revealing. An old Latin teacher used to bang on about the Delphic Oracle and motto “know thyself”. I find it very applicable when investing.

1 Like

Palantir is still 50% lower than it used to trade for in 2021

Yeah sometimes you cut your losses and put it into something else.
Although Iike the know thyself stuff.

I was looking at investing in MSFT when it was 25 USD a share. Was it because of my far reaching ability to see into the future ?
It was because they were developing those AR Hologlasses, something that doesn’t even remotely figure on their revenue sheet I guess. :).
So I would have been very right and very wrong at the same time.

A chart I’ve got shows it around 39 dollars in early 21 compared to 12/13 today, so that would be more like a 250+% rise from here, wouldn’t it?

Yes, I meant the average price in that year. But I also did not do calculations, just a general approximation.

Make that 100%…

Holy smokes, now pre-market up another 20%, PLTR and AMD too.

2 Likes

And I had idea to short Nvidia. Still have it

Yeah I am ecstatic. So glad I pulled the trigger a while back on NVDA! Looks like they not only survived earnings, they killed it. Just hoping this trend will continue and this isn’t some sort of bubble.

2 Likes

Sold TBT before the debt ceiling news breaks. Nice 6% gain in a few weeks.

Sure it’s some sort of bubble it’s just how big it will get.

Up 1600% on Nvidia…

3 Likes

My colleague is a math guy; he got in a while back. Very smiley today.

16 times ?
doesn’t get any better than that
Best I have is 10 times on local stock I still hold.

2 Likes

Nvidia also pushed TSMC up by 10%. Good outlook on AI and the necessary hardware demand.

1 Like

That’s a very good sign for ev growth in the US.

1 Like