Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

I am actually looking for some stocks that I can dump anytime without regrets. RIOT just went up 30% yesterday. Let’s dump it today and wait for the next dip. Much harder to part with some of the stocks that have more substance.

Just dump it and don’t buy it again.

Yes sir

1 Like

Did anybody watch the CNBC interview with Cathy Wood two days ago? They uploaded two pieces on Youtube but I didn’t find the part where she says that the rotation into value stocks doesn’t make sense over the long term (because of how the incumbent big names will be disrupted, especially in finance and energy) and that her expected rate of return just went up when she loaded up on cheap tech stocks. Previous minimum target was 15% over 5 years (=2x) and now it’s 25% over 5 years (=3x).
You could argue she just talks her book but she did it very elegantly and eloquently, she’s obviously very good at communicating her ideas.

4 Likes

I am starting to think this so called ‘rotation into value stocks’ was just to get retail investors selling tech at a loss and jumping on the value stocks bandwagon while the big guys loaded up on cheap tech stocks. Now value stocks will go down and tech goes up. Institutions win again.

1 Like

Buying stocks is simple, but not easy…

Doing the opposite of what everyone else does often works like a charm.

With stocks going up ever higher over time, buying during periods of corrections seems like the obvious thing to do for long-term investments, generally speaking at least.

1 Like

There is progress at fisker! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ve been doing the trending thing recently. In and out for practice. Getting pretty good at calling up and down and flat days. Just rode APPH, an old SPAC…NOVS…that I made good money after they merged…rode it for 8% today. Not too shab. Not too shab at all. :smoker:

I want to add a car manufacturer to my portfolio, I was looking at ford today with their push for EV. Still scared of Tesla so I’m going to stay away, I feel like Tesla stocks are too unpredictable with so many armature investors playing with it.

Any of you have auto stocks?

I’d look at auto zone and parts suppliers. Ford was a good buy a while back, but both them and GM are years away from mass production of EVs. F has doubled in 6 months.

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like maybe I missed the wave for Ford at this point. I’m looking to dump Nokia, a huge disappointment for me and my biggest loser. I have AT&T and they haven’t done well. But I think I’ll keep them for the long haul and they pay a nice dividend. Looking for some ideas and I don’t have anything auto related.

I just got into MPW and HFRO for the sweet and solid dividends.

I dumped NKLA way back after @Brianjones mocked me…sniffles… and an investor guy I know really schooled me on them. Never again. Not even to make easy trendy money.

Camper vans are becoming quite the thing. Lots of folks are going to get on the road this summer and won’t want to stay in hotels.

You can check out THOR if you want to play this

1 Like

That’s the one I saw on TV a few days ago.

If you are scared of Tesla you should be scared of any stock really. I prefer the three Chinese EV front runners Nio, Xpeng and Li Auto. I rather go all EV than any of those dinosaurs trying to catch up.

Uh, no. There’s a lot of things that need to go right for tsla for their valuation to end up being justified, and reasonable people can come to different conclusions about how likely that is to occur.

Any EV stock maybe.

What makes Tesla valuation so high is Elon Musk. This guy is very smart and hard working.
As long as he is in Tesla will print money.

I am not a Tesla guy, had a fraction of a stock once, but for some reason I don’t like the idea of buying them. But just a superficial look at them tells me, lot of things are going right for them. Just thinking of how they will be able to reduce the price of their middle-class vehicles over the next few years and you’ll have an explosion in sales. Other EV makers are in their infancy while Teslas can be seen everywhere, all of them collecting data as we speak. They are just so far ahead of the competition that I think it’s less about things going right for them but more about them not messing things up in a bad way.

Re Tesla: It will be interesting to see how they respond to VW’s challenge. They will have to ramp up their local production (the Berlin plant) quickly and probably also have to further drop their prices to compete in Europe.