Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Who gets paid once a month?

If you don’t want to believe it, then don’t. I never said it is rule, it is simply more likely to happen. It is called a tendency. According to the following explanation it is not only because some people get their wages and spend it.

“There is no one single day of every month that’s always ideal for buying or selling. However, there is a tendency for stocks to rise at the turn of a month. This tendency is mostly related to periodic new money flows directed toward mutual funds at the beginning of every month. In addition, fund managers attempt to make their balance sheets look pretty at the end of each quarter by buying stocks that have done well during that particular quarter.”

From this post:

Me, most people in Taiwan do. Maybe this is an Asian thing?

Definitely, I’d say.

VLO is up for me. It was an Owen’s rec back last year that he said to sell. I didn’t. Up 24%

These are exciting times in the market, especially for tech stocks. I am conservatively adding more the further down the market goes. So many juicy names on sale right now.

What’s got your eye?

The usual suspects, EV, green energy, genomics, data, fintech, recovery stocks, bitcoin mining, you name it…

I like to browse through here from time to time:

I don’t really do due diligence as much as I should, mostly picking stocks based on how the names ring.

1 Like

Who is buying ROBLOX tomorrow???

Not really that interested in online gaming, gambling, sports stocks etc., but generally speaking there’s a lot of potential. I only had some Draftking for while.

Yesterday I added some Palentir, Xpeng, Nio, Crispr, and Riot

CCIV is now around where l bought it, maybe time for more? What a disaster, haha

1 Like

I’m not fighting the trend… sold out of the index funds that are heavier on tech when they bounced back and loaded up on all the recovery plays like the rest of the market has been doing. Up quite a bit on oil, natural gas, banks, and telecoms. Oh and my few shares in gme are good too.

If I start to see a trend back to tech then back it goes

2 Likes

Im still putting more in travel and a bit in tech. I don’t see how I can lose in most travel related stocks. I don’t need to make instant gains but 2x in a year is great anyway you cut it and that’s definitely possible.

Airbnb looks particularly good after a drop and CCL has a long way to go too…These are just those I’m familiar with.

2 Likes

RIOT up 14% in pre market after I bought some yesterday. Noice!

Honestly, I have no clue as to what they do and how that all works.

a hash rate capacity of 1.06 Exahash per second

Yeah, cool, whatever. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t touch crypto miners.

Why not, crypto expert?

Super green day today, so far at least. :rocket:

1 Like

Because it’s a bad mix of commodity business and electronics parts depreciation. It’s good profits now but it’s a boom and bust business . Also Ethereum is moving away from mining soon and will limit the ether price mid year (at least have a fixed price).
I would invest in coinbase though. They are managing a lot of crypto assets for other funds , so hands in both retail and wholesale so to speak

1 Like

All my tech funds are up… all the value stocks are down. Make up your mind market lol

The market will bounce around fairly randomly, go for the weekly trend line.