Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

That’s why it’s called ‘playing the stock market.’ Real investment takes place at the founder/venture capitalist level. That’s where wealth is created. By the time it reaches the board game level it’s just the founder cashing out so he can retire early and players rolling the dice.

Sorry, but I’m not either of those things and I’ve created a great deal of wealth for myself relative to my expectations. I also consider my investing “real” even though it might not meet the level of something like a “founder/venture capitalist”.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why we should all invest in crypto coin.

1 Like

Tell that to my bank account.

2 Likes

Tell that to my crypto account. Funny money is still money.

Took a big bite at 370 :grin:

I dont know how you go to work everyday. :ponder:

1 Like

If you’re not earning you’re losing money. Its important to have a steady income. Besides I didn’t make retirement money yet.:grin:

1 Like

Never said playing “Stock Market” and “Cryptocurrency” weren’t good ways to make money. People have to put their money somewhere.

That’s a great saying for your prime earning years.

I bit at 335. Now, I’ll wait. :sleeping:

1 Like

You almost lost everything because of the “pushy” haha.

1 Like

COIN down 2% to just under 323.
ARK fund manager went hog-wild into it, even selling some TSLA to fund the buy-in, or so reports say.

COIN up 2% in Premarket.

Gosh, i recall when when DC was worth only a nickel.

Coinbase Global may have disappointed a few with its Nasdaq debut on Wednesday, but big gains are ahead, says a Wall Street brokerage that announced a bullish $500 share price target.

Analysts at BTIG on Thursday initiated coverage on the cryptocurrency exchange with a buy rating. The “gold standard among digital asset exchanges,” Coinbase is set for “sustained rapid growth” as the industry’s ecosystem expands and increasing institutional adoption provides a tailwind, Mark Palmer and Andrew Harte told clients in a note.

Coinbase’s listing announcement in late January is just one factor that has helped fuel enthusiasm for the crypto space this year, with Bitcoin surging to new records above $60,000 recently and up 117% so far in 2021.

The institutional world has also been climbing aboard, with financial services company Visa last month announcing plans to settle transactions in a “stablecoin,” USD Coin (USDC), while electric-car maker Tesla and digital payments companies PayPal and Square all offer transaction options in Bitcoin or other cryptos.

Share of Coinbase rose 2% to $336.60 in early trading on Thursday. The stock began trading on Wednesday at $381, up from a $250 reference price, climbing all the way to $429.54 before ending at $328.28. While some would have liked to see Coinbase hang onto those highs, the day still delivered a 32% gain, meaning it lived up to the hype. At its closing price, Coinbase was valued at $85.8 billion.

BTIG analysts base that $500 price target on 16 times the company’s full-year 2024 net revenues of $8.2 billion, following its initial public offering.

“We believe COIN, the most popular consumer-facing cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S., is positioned to be a primary beneficiary of the increased adoption of Bitcoin and other digital assets as it continues to scale in the U.S. and internationally,” say the analysts.

Edit: I just went green. Hope it stays there until I sell at $500.

1 Like

Not in English it’s not. I absolutely hate that phrase, and it shows ignorance when used.

1 Like

Interesting talk about crypto…impending regulation and role of gov’t

The key takeaway from this talk is the eYuan – China’s attempt to supplant the dollar with a digital currency. If it succeeds the effect on the U.S. economy and global power will be significant.

That’s what you think is the key takeaway?

I will not hold my breath on that one!

Yes. It’s not clear now but it’s just showing up on the radar. China is leading the way in government intervention in crypto markets while at the same time challenging the dollar.

1 Like

China’s currency makes up little more than 2 per cent of global foreign exchange reserves compared with nearly 60 per cent for the US dollar. Policy decisions, rather than technical developments, will also be necessary to push forward yuan internationalisation, as China maintains a strict regime of capital controls.

China’s financial system is too “fragile and weak” to pose a real threat to the dollar’s status as the world’s reserve currency, according to Mark Sobel, US chairman for the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum.

“At the end of the day the markets have more confidence in the Fed” than China’s central bank, said Sobel, a former senior US Treasury official for international matters.

China has a way of managing its money domestically that is what…ironfisted? I’m not sure what would happen if they demanded foreign trade be done solely on their terms. :idunno: