Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It’s stuck!

61.72+29.67 (+92.62%)
As of 12:26PM EDT. Market open.

halted again at 60%

1 Like

Is your son richer than you yet? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jesus. I was going to buy when it was like $2, before Reddit even got involved, and my dumb ass decided not to

Ha. No. He doesn’t play options.

back up to 90% gain

Getting upset about money you didn’t make or lose is a jedi mind trick.

1 Like

True. I’ll just continue to be upset about the money I actually did lose haha.
Triple-leveraged oil ETF that I burnt a ton of money on, sold at a low because my hands were made of paper, and now it’s like 5x higher.

Although… not entirely true. I had a very specific plan last year (not related to AMC) that I was just waiting to carry out when a dip came (and Covid hitting was a hell of a dip), then I didn’t do it due to emotion vs reasoning. If I had stuck to my plan I’d have made a life-changing amount of $$$. I can’t not be upset haha

What do you mean?

AMC 65.58+33.54 (+104.69%)
As of 1:11PM EDT. Market open.

Yeah, if I think too much about one stock after hours, I usually sell it. There are other ponds to fish in.

68.87+36.83 (+114.95%)
As of 1:13PM EDT. Market open.

This has GOT to be a sell by Friday stock.

In less than a minute it spiked to 125%.

Me:

An ETF (ETN really) that moves 3x as much as the index it tracks. Great when the index goes up, horrible when it goes down (since with any investment if you drop 50% you then need to gain 100% to break even).

The oil one was NRGU.

I also planned to dump a ton of money into TQQQ and SPXL in March/April 2020 and didn’t do it. They’re up like 150% now since they’re 3x as well.

lol AMC +110% today

1 Like

In terms of diversification:

• blockfi.com to earn interest on crypto. 10% on USD stablecoins. (Message me for a referral link if you decide to join?)
  • A peer2peer platform like lendingclub.com, but not them because they just got out of the market. Not sure who else there is. Traditional returns are like 7% annually

ahhhh, yeah. Don’t do that. lol

Wrong tree. I own COIN, and that’s about all.

I bought up USDC just for the purpose of parking some money at blockfi rather than my savings account. Savings accounts are a joke these days

And figure I may as well park my bitcoin and Ether there as well. Interest is like 6% or something

oh, I don’t mean to suggest buying those as stocks (blockfi isn’t even public), but as diversification options per the thread title

1 Like

Crypto and savings accounts are like bell ends. lol There’s a lot in between. MWP, for example, pays out a solid 5%, and has run up in share price since I bought it and it’s waaaaaay more stable than crypto.

MWP is the ticker? I can’t find it

For that matter you can buy JNK or some tax-free munis if you want a high dividend

my bad.

Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (MPW)

I’m good with the few CEFs I own. Dividends are my jam mostly…just boring to talk about.

I think that’s the key. Always stick to the plan, execute. Never make decisions to buy or sell based on emotions.

I sold some AMC at 50 for some pocket money. No regrets. Next target, 100. You will never hit it right. Also, l think this is free money. Too much free money ain’t healthy. :smirk:

1 Like

Workhorse rising from the dead it seems… Awakened by the meme stock noise?

AMC to… 100 today? Currently approaching 75