Global Warming VII

This thread is for sharing links to developments related to global warming and climate change which may be of interest to other posters. If you don’t see anything worth commenting on in a link, don’t comment. If you want to discuss the great reset or covid 19, this is the wrong thread. If you are interested in discussing a fascist world government pushing a climate conspiracy for their own nefarious purposes, this is the wrong thread.

Please respect that this is a Science & Nature thread. There is a political thread here:

3 Likes

Nantou county in Taiwan’s central mountain ranges was hit by weeks of landslides after the edge of Typhoon Khanun brought torrential rain in August 2023.

1 Like

Should have managed their glaciers better
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

wedidit

Chile is on fire.

Guy

1 Like

May I respectfully ask why you chose to post this in the global warming thread?

Fire is pretty warm, and Chile is on the globe.

3 Likes

:unamused:

It’s actually a good question with a serious element to it, I have my reasons for asking but would like to hear the rationale for posting first.

Does seem to be absent from the article

1 Like

I know I know. Let me guess… You want to bait Guy into saying that forest fires are caused by climate change, after which you can post all sorts of evidence that show they are started deliberately by arsonists and then you can say “gotcha”!

Not just that, it suggests the fires were caused by arson and even the unusual hot weather is attributed to El Nino. Stealing my thunder there @TT, all is left is my reveal of the serious angle.

But back to the question, why post in the global warming thread? I’ll be disappointed with “oops my mistake” cop out.

2 Likes

What bait? @mick didn’t post the article here

Not worth a dedicated thread? Force of habit?

Never mind. It’s not funny if I have to explain it.

Not a gotcha, its more thought provoking.

Ok heres the reveal, like this article which is being posted under the global warming topic, it has been noted that fires of this type being wrongly attributed to global warming increases the alarm about global warming and for those who are driven to hysteria by an irresponsible media start fires to bring attention to global warming.

There were a lot of fires last year being hyped in the media as evidence of global warming however on close inspection most were caused by arson. The topic of people starting fires because they seek the hype related to global warming also came up but I would have to do some digging on that one.

If I’m right, we will see this as a disturbing trend in the future.

2 Likes

:rofl:

You stole my thunder and pointed out the lack of evidence of global warming in Guy’s article (which I didn’t know because I didn’t read it) before I posted my comment, thus making the prediction I made in my comment less impressive.

That’s two thunders you stole today.

2 Likes

Exactly as I predicted! Except no “gotcha!”. :disappointed:

teambestb

1 Like