Go ahead be maliciously mean to one anther

Keshi wo wangji meige yinjie de shen. Meiguanxi, cong shungxiawen nimen hui cai wo de yisi. Dui bu dui? Pinyin hao lihai o.

Meiyou zimu ba bu dui ma? Ni zhenme zhidao?

Dui bu qi wo de pinfa bu hao. Xianzai wo meiyou wode zidian.

Xie xie. Wan an.

actually英文字母is suffice, u dont really need to say 系統. 英文字母系統sounds weird.

Bob:

Dui, women hui cai dao nide yisi. Haoxiang Vannyel yinggai renzhen yidian lianxi tade pinyin. Women xian kanyixia ta hui bu hui kandedong wo xie shenme.

Miss C.C.:

Thanks for the correction. Nobody ever mentioned it before.

[quote=“bob”]Keshi wo wangji meige yinjie de shen. Meiguanxi, cong shungxiawen nimen hui cai wo de yisi. Dui bu dui? Pinyin hao lihai o.

Xie xie. Wan an.[/quote]

wo bu zhidao ni zai shuo se mo

meaning i have NO IDEA what ur talking about dude.

No problem, Taoist.

God does this mean i’ve gotta start learning pinyin?!

[quote]Keshi wo wangji meige yinjie de shen. Meiguanxi, cong shungxiawen nimen hui cai wo de yisi. Dui bu dui? Pinyin hao lihai o.

Xie xie. Wan an.[/quote]

However, I forgot the tone of each syllable. It doesn’t matter; from the above text, you can guess what I mean. Right? Pinyin rocks!

“沒有字母吧” is not right? How do you know?

Sorry, my spelling is bad. Right now I don’t have my dictionary.

Thank you. Good night.

Well, if you ever help foreigners learn Chinese… and they don’t know how to use the “Chinese alphabet” :wink: , then learning pinyin will help a lot – you’d be able to write things back and forth to each other.

Pinyin is not necessarily the best in all ways, but it’s a great start, if you’re not a native Chinese speaker.

I can understand him just fine.

Wo juede xie pinyin ting you yisi, yinwei suiran zanmen dou yong zhongwen goutong, keshi you de zhongguo ren ye bu dong women zai jiang shenme! cong dalu lai de haoxiang dou kandedong, buguo taiwan ren…da bu fen bu dong.

keshi means 可是in Chinese. So shouldn’t it be ‘but’ instead of ‘however’? “Keshi wo wangji meige yinjie de shen” is Engliese(?) LOL. ‘Keshi wo wangji ji shen(我忘記幾聲)’ is probably better. It makes more sense. Both ‘cong shungxiawen’ and ‘hui cai’ are probably misspelled? cuz i dont see how it fits in the whole sentence and how u, Taoist, got what bob meant.

very interesting.

If you can use pinyin so well, why not just use MS IME to type Chinese characters any way?

I just wonder characters can be the cookies for western adults to learn Chinese.

I once had the problem of ordering ‘Old Tofu’ or ‘Stinky Tofu’ when I didn’t know Chinese that well.

I would say for the pleasure of ‘eating tofu’ properly is one reason to learn Chinese.

Meicuo.

Erqie, xie pinyin shi bijiao kuai de. Rugou wo zheng zai ting bie ren shuo shenme hua, yong pinyin xiexialai bijiao fangbian. Wo ye hui xie Zhongguozi keshi buhui xie feichang kuai.

AC_dropout,

你是愛吃豆腐的人嗎?

:howyoudoin: <—is this you?

:slight_smile:

Taoist

I don’t believe it, I agree with ac_dropout on something.

“Eating tofu” is one of my main reasons to get my language skills up to scratch :smiley:

Wo zhi zhidao sange zhongguo zi yi, r, san suoyi wo juede pinyin zhende hao fangbien. Taipei zhengfu gaibien tamen de taidu yixia suoyi youshihou kan yixia pinyin zai MRT…

Wo ye buzhidao zhongwen wenfa suoyi yong yingwen de wenfa. Mei wenti.

Miss C.C.,

We are not native Chinese speakers, so we’re bound to make mistakes.
Moreover, our grammar teachers have pounded us with the principle of not beginning a sentence with the word “but”. We can’t always translate word-for-word, and it’s often just as good to get the meaning across, especially since this is not professional translation. :smiley:

We can understand what he means, despite the misspellings. This is because we are both foreign speakers with the same native language, and therefore apt to make similar mistakes.

can someone please tell me what ‘cong’ is?

[quote=“Taoist”]Miss C.C.,

We are not native Chinese speakers, so we’re bound to make mistakes.
Moreover, our grammar teachers have pounded us with the principle of not beginning a sentence with the word “but”. We can’t always translate word-for-word, and it’s often just as good to get the meaning across, especially since this is not professional translation. :smiley:

We can understand what he means, despite the misspellings. This is because we are both foreign speakers with the same native language, and therefore apt to make similar mistakes.[/quote]

oh i know that, Taoist. I’m a professional translator. One of my 職業病 i suppose.

I’d like to do translation someday, I guess. However, I’d only want to translate from Chinese into English…as I understand it, one should only translate from a foreign language to one’s native language. At least, this is what I’ve been told.