Goddam taskbar %*#!*@!

alright, it’s done it again… apparently of it’s own accord the goddam task bar has decided to have two identical tabs for each application that’s running… no amount of unlocking the task bar and messing with the task bar / toolbar properties or dragging around of the extra mirror version tabs will make them go away, they just stack themselves on the right of the taskbar, whilst the normal tabs are over near the start menu as usual…

someone, anyone, help me end this madness… pleeeease…

:loco:

I hate it when it does that.

There’s no easy fix that I could find.

Just play around with it, try restarting etc etc and the second you get it back to normal, lock the damn thing.

Brian

Weird. I’ve never had that happen. Is that XP?

Yes. If you don’t have the taskbar locked, there’s these little tab/bookend thingies that kidnof look like 5 dots. If you accidentally move these things can get horrendously messy. Lock the toolbar to avoid it ahppening.

Brian

OK. One thing I like is that you can drag around the taskbar and size it to suit. Is there any way to stop those little information bubbles from popping up? I get a “Wireless connnection is now connected” bubble pop up when I power up. It seems to sit there for ages. Maybe I just need to hide the netork connection icon?

Yes. If you don’t have the taskbar locked, there’s these little tab/bookend thingies that kidnof look like 5 dots. If you accidentally move these things can get horrendously messy. Lock the toolbar to avoid it ahppening.

Brian[/quote]

yep, the bastards… although i had the task bar locked… locked i tell you… I came in to work this morning and blam!.. double dose of all active window tabs… after ripping my hair out trying to make it stop for hours, i restarted as per Brian’s advice ( thanks Brian) and low and behold i was informed that some process or other had stopped responding in the background… after the restart all was well again…

curiouser and curiouser…

Have any of you tried the System Restore to fix the problem?
That might work. This applies to XP users.

[quote=“Sweetie”]Have any of you tried the System Restore to fix the problem?
That might work. This applies to XP users.[/quote]

I’ve never had any luck with system restore or even OS repair off the CD. Sometimes it might improve the situation but I always feel like there’s STILL something wrong.
I use Norton Ghost to snapshot a clean install with all the updates done etc and just reimage the HDD using Ghost when I have major problems. That only takes literally 10 mins to be back in business as I keep my OS and software on one drive, and Data on another.