GoGetFunding for foreign couple undergoing IVF in Taiwan

Hello everyone I am posting this to raise money for our IVF treatment in Taiwan. You can read our story in the link that I attached. Thank you everyone for your time.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that I am from the Philippines and my husband is an American.

Hi do you any option in Taiwan that somehow covers infertility treatment for foreigner couples?

Taiwan government is currently providing extra funding for those seeking fertility treatments.

Check into that if you haven’t already.

Oh, sorry that’s for Taiwanese only, my bad.

1 Like

Hi we are both foreigners and our clinic said that the subsidy from Taiwan government is only for Taiwanese, or if atleast one of the couple has Taiwan ID

Then why doesn’t the wife apply for Taiwan citizenship? (Filipinos can renounce and resume)

It would be much better for your family both short and long term in Taiwan.

4 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Not about IVF

Have you thought about adopting?

Good luck with the fundraising. I don’t think I’ll donate because I’m of the mindset that having kids isn’t a necessity, and you could always adopt

10 Likes

As bad as it sounds… There is something special about having your own

2 Likes

Hi, there are certain qualifications to get Taiwan citizenship. And as of the moment I am still very far away to be qualified to apply for it.

1 Like

Do you already have an APRC?

Does your husband have a white collar APRC? (Makes the financial requirements and timeframe easier to get your APRC)

2 Likes

We did, but it is more expensive than doing IVf according to my research. And we want to try having our own first then maybe adopt if IVF will not work.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:. We all have our own choices and I respect yours. :heart:

3 Likes

So you do have an APRC?

1 Like

My husband does, but I still need to wait till 2025 to apply for my APRC. And after 5years on APRC then I can apply for Taiwan ID. And I will be about 45 years old by that time which will be more difficult for us to succeed.

Who told you that BS?

You can apply after being in Taiwan for 5 years…

See this is what pisses me off about people like @Taiwan_Luthiers who spread these rumors

Also if you have an APRC you are exempt from the financial requirement for apply for citizenship

6 Likes

I only have dependent ARC and I only on the 3rd year of it. I need to wait 2 more years to apply for APRC and wait 5 years again to apply for Taiwan ID

1 Like

No I dont, I only have dependent ARC

No. You don’t need to wait 5 years on the APRC. That is incorrect. Who is telling you this?

1 Like

Yes but you say 2 years until you get an APRC…

(You can immediately apply upon receiving your APRC)

1 Like