Gogoro electric scooter

Some stuff has changed since that post:

1. The gogoro app at some point in time started offering an “efficiency” setting. Here you can choose to have longer range, or better performance. I set it to maximum efficiency, and it really helps me - I tended to accelerate and drive faster than necessary. With this setting at maximum efficiency, the acceleration is smooth and moderate, but still keeping up with most other scooters at the traffic lights. Additionally the maximum speed is limited to around 60.

2. With these settings I get around 28 to 32 Wh/km instead of 39. That’s more like 0.7 than 0.9 Ah/km. That’s for normal everyday driving, not especially trying to be efficient - except for using regenerative breaking as much as possible.

3. The new type batteries seem to be available, even though I only got them once so far. You can distinguish them from the oldest (printed logo) and current (embossed logo) by the hole below the handle being shallower. The volume the batteries take up is simply bigger. With these batteries, together with the efficiency setting, I got more than 70km far - instead of the normal roughly 50.

6 Likes