Gogoro electric scooter

They would be less dangerous if the headlight would turn in the direction you’re turning. Instead of being stationary and only pointing forward.

Well I’m now considering buying one anyway and dumping the gas burning one that I never ride.

What vehicle actually does this?

Almost all the regular scooters have a headlight on the handlebars that turns when you turn the handle bar. Motorcycles obviously do this.

Gogoro does not.

1 Like

i drove one of the goshares yesterday… i totally love it. its a beautiful smooth ride. makes me want to buy one.

1 Like

So happy to see this! Start a revolution guys!!!

Some scooters have this, and some motorcycles.
A lot are built into the fairing or head bracket to stop you dazzling other road users when turning. Some safety groups want fixed headlights on all bikes especially with the new more powerful lights.

Maybe they are planning ahead in case laws change.

Been Riding the Go Share for a while now, its much better than the Kymco Wemo in terms of handling and power, also has a cool wireless charging phone holder

2 Likes

I might have to actually get my scooter license finally. :sunglasses:

Shouldn’t cops be on the most sturdy stuff?

Especially the fat one who put hands on MM :wink:

1 Like

Just been told there will be another company releasing a scooter using the gogoro power package at the end of this month. More options on the market the better, and this time the styling should be different.

2 Likes

Some stuff has changed since that post:

1. The gogoro app at some point in time started offering an “efficiency” setting. Here you can choose to have longer range, or better performance. I set it to maximum efficiency, and it really helps me - I tended to accelerate and drive faster than necessary. With this setting at maximum efficiency, the acceleration is smooth and moderate, but still keeping up with most other scooters at the traffic lights. Additionally the maximum speed is limited to around 60.

2. With these settings I get around 28 to 32 Wh/km instead of 39. That’s more like 0.7 than 0.9 Ah/km. That’s for normal everyday driving, not especially trying to be efficient - except for using regenerative breaking as much as possible.

3. The new type batteries seem to be available, even though I only got them once so far. You can distinguish them from the oldest (printed logo) and current (embossed logo) by the hole below the handle being shallower. The volume the batteries take up is simply bigger. With these batteries, together with the efficiency setting, I got more than 70km far - instead of the normal roughly 50.

6 Likes

I checked the goshare app and saw there are loads near my office and indeed there are ! Also there a lot of wemo scooters dotted about. None in xinbei yet surely the next area to roll out. Looks like I’ll have to finally get my scooter license. :grin:

So this is how the plans line up assuming my current average power consumption of ~ 0.7 Ah/km. Seems the Flex 299 is in most cases cheaper than the 499 one. I changed to the 299 flex in December, since it seems to fit my consumption pattern best. Let’s see…

What I didn’t figure out yet is the “dynamic discount” thingy. Every time I swap batteries there is a message that I saved a few NTD, mostly between 10 and 20. Theoretically this discount should apply to less frequented stations, so that the battery exchange evens out better across the stations. But for this to work, you better let your customers know which stations you’d prefer them to go to. At least until now I didn’t see any such information in the gogoro app’s map…

5 Likes

Please explain the shown graph.

x axis is km used, y axis is cost to ride those km’s. Riding 500km in a month would cost NT$700 on the 299 flex@0.53Ah/km plan or NT$1300 on the 299 (105km/=2.5NT) plan, the others being somewhere in between.

2 Likes

Sure:

The x-axis is the km you ride per month

The y-axis is the cost in NTD

The different lines are the different plans available from gogoro:

• Blue, yellow, green are the standard plans with 105/315/630 km per month included

• Black is the “unlimited” flat rate plan, grey and light grey is the same plan if you sign up for 2 or 3 years

• Red is the new flex plan. It costs 299 per month and you pay by Powe used, not by km like the other plans. Thus, the cost depends on how much power you use, meaning mostly how fast you accelerate and drive, plus uphill/downhill, regenerative breaking use, and the weight on the scooter.
    The solid red line is for my current driving habits. Red dotted line is for a super saving driving style, very slow. Red dashed is for a very “fun” driving style.

Using this graph you can determine which plan looks best for what kind of expected monthly km. Note that you can change plans, but the new plan will only apply from the first day of the coming month.

Why are there three different 299 flex plans?

There is only one 299 flex plan. But since it’s paid by used energy, not by used km, the actual price per km varies with your riding style. See my post above explaining what riding styles the 3 red lines (solid, dashed, dotted) represent. Basically, the more boring you remember de the cheaper, the more fun you ride (think “street racing”) the more expensive.

1 Like

Not interested until it’s cheaper than gas.
Gas is still cheaper, more powerful and gives better range.

When will e-scooters have their Formula E moment?