Going from Taipei to Taoyuan City after midnight?

Is there a way to go from Taipei to Taoyuan City (near TRA Station) after midnight?

i went to google and typed “Taipei bus to Taoyuan” and got some times and fares.

Just below map on left, you can click on the “depart at. …” to change time

One bus leaves at 12:01am from Taipei Bus Station, arrives at 1:01am

1 Like

What are you going to do in Taoyuan? Are you going to the Airport? If yes, I would search for buses or Airport shuttles. If I can’t find any, just take a cab then. If you are going to Taoyuan just for fun, you can try cab or ride a bike.

1 Like

The place where I stay at is near Taoyuan Train Station. I searched and there only seems to be a bus that leaves at about 2330 PM from Taipei Main Station. When the place I stayed at was in Linkou, the Kuo Kuang ran from all night from Taipei to Kaoshiung with a stop in Linkou. I thought it might be the same way for Taoyuan City because the Kuo Kuang runs more often from Taipei Main Station to Taoyuan City; and there are so many more buses that go to Taoyuan City than Linkou

I’ve lived in Taoyuan City for a number of years, and unfortunately I’ve never found a bus that runs much past 11:00PM, as you’ve discovered.

For those that are interested, here are the buses I know of that run between some point in Taipei and near Taoyuan Train Station:

Taoyuan Bus Company 桃園客運

• 9005 (Taipei City Hall station)
  • 9023 (Taipei Yuanshan station)
  • 9102 (Taipei Beimen station)
  • 5116 (Taipei Songshan Airport)
  • 5009 (Taipei Xinzhuang station)

Kuo Kuang Bus Company 國光客運

• 1816 (Taipei Main Train station)

Zhongli Bus Company 中壢客運

• 9009 (Taipei City Hall station)
  • 9069 (Taipei Nangan Exhibition Center station)
  • 9089 (Taipei Guting station)

EDIT: By the way, Ubus (統聯客運) does have some late night long-distance routes from Taipei that stop in Taoyuan, but not near the train station. They stop at Ubus’ station which is on Jingguo Rd almost to Nankan, about 6km from the train station.

3 Likes

Taxi’s are 24 hours. That’s probably your best bet. If you’re having trouble getting one, you can go to 711 and ask them to help you get one or use ibon there to reserve one. You can also call if you can speak Chinese.

1 Like

Airport busses run through the night, so you could always bus there, then get a cheaper taxi?

That’s an option. But note that with the route those buses run, it generally takes 2+ hours to get to the airport. Add on a 450~550NT taxi ride back to the train station, and a taxi straight from Taipei sounds better and better.

@Steve4nLanguage I like Taoyuan City more than Linkou, but at least in Linkou the airport MRT and Kuo Kuang meant that you could go to Taipei at night. I am thinking of finding a place to stay at in Banqiao

1 Like

banqiao also has no late buses to taipei.

you want a late night bus? you think too much! just ride a bike! have you heard of youbike? you can have a try! its only a 4 hour leisurely ride from taipei to taoyuan and you wont get mauled by dog gangs at that time or anything.

Well, some people ride bikes from Taipei to Kaohsiung. I think it is ok from Taipei to Taoyuan. I don’t think it takes 4 hours. Because you will not find traffic after midnight. I think it takes 2 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOnYK1JS9E

sorryyyyy couldnt resist…sometimes its way cool to be on the other side of midnight :slight_smile:

Bump! There must be a bus that goes from Taipei to Taoyuan District after midnight

Doesn’t look like it. Buses run to the airport all night from Taipei, but it looks like the last departure on the 706 to Taoyuan is at 00:20

Do you have any Taiwan credit cards? Some have arrangements for cheap private taxi services for situations like this. But it would still cost around $600 a trip.

How long will you be doing this? If it’s going to be a year or more, you should just get a beater. You can get a decent used car around 70K and get around the same when you get rid of it. The government has a 50K trade in policy for new car buyers, so worst case you can get 40K back and save someone 10K on their new car.

Unfortunately, 706 goes to Sanxia, quite a distance from the Taoyuan Train station.

No, the Taoyuan 706

1 Like

Whoops! Durr