Going to Taiwan to Teach

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum. I’m from Canada and I got accepted into an agency to teach English in Taiwan. I am doing some finalization before I head over to Taiwan and I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process before to offer some helpful hints and tips to this newbie before I leave or possibly some information on what to look out for after I arrive. I’m looking for anything that can help me out, really. That would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows more information about NHI and what is covered under this system, that would be helpful. I was on their website and I don’t see the specific services. If someone could tell me what useful things to pack, that would be great too. Google led me to this part of the forum so if there is a category on this forum (that I can’t find) that already has these issues listed, can someone link it for me?

Thanks.

Welcome to Taiwan (and to this forum). Here’s a good thread to get you started: FAQ and TOPICS - CHECK HERE FIRST

If you click on the thread categories at the bottom of this page, you will see FAQ topics for each of the categories that interest you.