Gold Card FAQ

No worries mate.
Good luck.

1 Like

Has anyone made changes or updates to personal info while the application is in progress? I’m currently in the passport verification phase and need to update my local TW address. Was thinking to have it changed prior to them printing out the card but the portal isn’t setup for these updates.

I also think you should apply under Economics. I don’t know the details about your case, of course, but I imagine you might have difficulty fulfilling the other requirements for Technology having been a technical writer (e.g., academic publications in the last 3-4 years, patent certificates, international awards - my situation as a scientific editor/writer was pretty similar). So Economics would seem easier.

Indeed. It sounds a little too easy…

do it! do it now! It seems like everyone gets accepted through this route if they have salary that qualifies. I would jump on it asap if I were you.

1 Like

Do you need help turning on your computer as well? I think fifieldt charges an extra 5% for that.

Please come and do the Gold Card poll. Feel free to comment as well .

any idea how long will the application process take? I applied almost 3 weeks ago and yet to receive a reply, just being too excited :slight_smile:

It took me 35 days approximately from the moment I applied, to the moment my Gold-Card got approved.
I am expecting a similar time-frame for the others, so I guess a couple of weeks more and you should get yours as well.

Thank you and keeping my fingers crossed!

Are you going on your own or with any family members?

I am probably not going to be fair.
Anyway, if I decide to use it, on my own.

I think I might do it as soon as I start my remote job in September. However, I won’t be able to actually go to Taiwan until around May or June next year. That shouldn’t be an issue, right? Once I get this visa, can I cash it in whenever I want within three years of being issued it?

@forumosan, see the very first post at the beginning of this thread:

Awesome I am very happy for you! You might have seen in the thread you started, I told you to go get a remote job and then move to Taiwan. You’re welcome :rofl:

yeah this isn’t supposed to be an issue at all, although I’m not sure of any data points from any applicants who waited 9 months to pick up/enter.

Thanks very much, twobro!
I can’t find the “wizard”-- can you lead me to his lair?

Thanks! At that time (and it wasn’t very long ago at all), getting a remote job and going to Taiwan was something that seemed possible in theory to achieve, but extremely difficult in reality to pull off. Now, thanks to COVID, when I have a job interview I just say “This other company is offering me a permanently remote position, can you do the same?” and it actually works.

1 Like

I think the “wizard” is at https://taiwangoldcard.com/application-faq/qualifications/ (there is a link there to a Gold Card Qualification Check).

1 Like

Hey guys, want to share a good news. My application has passed the stage of skill assessment and now I can submit my passport to the Taipei representative office for verification.

Btw, this is not considered gold card approved right?

I can only apply for dependent visa after my gold card is officially approved?

Thanks.

Congratulations :slight_smile: Just a matter of time now.

You’re correct on both questions.

Thanks @fifieldt, your website is excellent :+1: :+1: :+1:

Everytime I have a doubt, I will always go back to refer to it. Thanks for creating such value to the community. I even use it as a shortcut to access my application status because I tried to bookmark the portal page but it didn’t work.

Btw, will your website include some info on how to apply for dependent visa? For people like us who are bringing our families along? If it is too much of a trouble, please ignore this comment because you are doing such a great job already.

Keep it up!

1 Like