Gold Dealer in Taipei

I have a couple of small gold coins to sell. Where is a good bullion dealer in Taipei? I mean not a jewelery store but someone who can purchase gold at a good price

The only place I know is Truney near Main Station. They buy/sell gold and silver coins and bars close to market value

1 Like

Truney looks promising - do they buy ‘western’ coins - 1 Oz Canadian Maple, Kangaroos etc?

Is Truney still the only one or are there any others? Also ok if in other cities - such as Kaohsiung.

Finally are there any issues with bringing gold into Taiwan - like Japan which taxes it?

1 Like

Truney buys Western Coins, yes they buy/sell Canadian Maple and US Eagle. Not sure if they’ll take Kangaroos. I’m only aware Truney does this. I think they have locations outside Taipei as well.

1 Like

If you have “Gold exceeding a total value of USD 20,000.” you have to declare it.

" Gold

Totaled USD 20,000 (or its equivalent). If the total value of gold exceeds USD20,000, an import permit issued by the Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA, helpline:+886-2-23510271) is needed at the port of entry, and the clearance of goods and inspections are required, too."

Taiwan customs inbound traveler

1 Like

Hi Guys - Does anyone have any Gold/Silver coins or bullion that they wish to sell?