Gone. Back. Not. Going

I’m leaving. Taiwan, that is. Announced a long time ago, and as part of the process of finding a new direction I stopped using forumosa.

Recently I had second thoughts. Life is pretty good here. And forumosa can be fun. Suddenly, for no good reason, I find myself browsing the forums and reconnecting with how things are.

Fuck!

Tom Hill’s boss, banks, getting anything done properly, face, bullshit, dirt, pollution. Relationships.

Thanks for the reminder. Now I remember why I was planning to leave. The only reason I was ‘happy’ here is that I’d forgotten who I was. I’m leaving because I don’t want to grow old here accepting of the way things (don’t) work.

Thank you for the reminder.

Glad to see you back. I was about to start a campaign. :bravo:

jds

Are you back or not then ? I’m confused :eh:

It’s Hotel California here.

someone needs a hug

pls PM me when you find the magical land with:

cool bosses everywhere
efficient, non asshole banks
effective and on time tradespeople
people not expecting things in return (at some point)
no ladder climbers and back stabbers
[i will ignore clean and not polluted]
100% all the time great relationships.

sorry but thats all i can offer. its a cliche but life is what you make it and only you can control what makes you truly happy. best of luck with it!

Welcome back Miss Loretta. So where are you going?

bobepine

Take a look at this and think about things for a minute:

I remember hearing somewhere once that things are the same everywhere. Although I find that a little hard to believe. This place doesn’t look so hot (actually, maybe it’s real hot):

My thing is, if the basics are covered (water, food, sleep, uh… PS2/Xbox) I’m walking with the divine.

But forshizzle, if things aint working out here, might as well peep out there. Sometimes the grass really is greener, and tastes better too (and gives you wings.)

Hello and welcome back! And what!!! You’ve finally made up your mind and are leaving? Where, when, what???

They don’t work like clockwork anywhere, Loretta. Societies are too complex and people too imperfect in too many ways. Every place is a varying mix of things that are close to right and those that are short of or very far from it.

Once you accept that the only utopia you’ll ever find is the one you make for yourself, the grass will stop looking greener elsewhere.

Browse in the hiking threads and you’ll find a lot of very good reasons for being satisfied with staying put here. I hope you’ll join us on one of our outings before you leave.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”][quote=“Loretta”]
Browse in the hiking threads and you’ll find a lot of very good reasons for being satisfied with staying put here. I hope you’ll join us on one of our outings before you leave.[/quote][/quote]

Warning Will Robinson…
If memory serves me correct, Omni likes to lure young ladies along hiking paths so that he can fondle their breasts! Warning! Warning! :smiley:

[quote=“TomHill”]Warning Will Robinson…
If memory serves me correct, Omni likes to lure young ladies along hiking paths so that he can fondle their breasts! Warning! Warning! :smiley:[/quote]

But if Loretta’s front portions are as flat and manly as I’ve heard, they wouldn’t be likely to trigger the pertinent fondling response.

I can honestly say that Omni has never fondled me on a hike, and I’m not even that manly. :laughing:

Nothing to do with the fact that you spent Sunday lunch with some damn fine people?

How about bringing Stragbasher back as a commemoration. I was always curious what a stragbasher was when I first started posting.

I remember Straghbasher, not sure what that has to do with Loretta though, maybe it was her maiden name. :wink:

bobepine

The point is that there are things you can live with and be happy, for a while but not forever. I learned to accept Taiwan’s little foibles a long time ago and have a pretty good life without worrying too much - but that was always on the basis that it was temporary.

Then one day you wake up and find that you’ve been oblivious to things that really matter to you. You become permanently desensitised to the bad, instead of just dealing with it. Then you come back here and it’s like a slap in the face telling you to wake up.

Example: I know Tom Hill’s boss. Unacceptable behaviour there, but you have to accept it for a while. You can accept it if it’s not forever, but the image in my mind right now is the one conjured up at the end of 1984 in the little speech by the thought-police guy. I don’t have it to hand, but it was something about imagining a human face being ground permanently into the dirt and nobody being able to imagine any other existence.

Fuck that. Choose life.

Just faaking admit it you softy, you missed us. :slight_smile:

bobepine

I know exactly what you mean about the premise of it all being temporary. I never dared take an honest look at my life and what I wanted to do with it, because it was easier to not think about it.

For me, it was 9-21 that finally gave me the kick in the pants I needed.

So, I’m still confused. Are you leaving or staying Loretta? Women, they just don’t make sense, especially the ones I’ve seen Loretta with.

there goes richard…yet another Billy Bragg quote.

I thout=ght Loretta was a man. I love you bro.

but what the freaking itchard are you talking about?

Chou “Condutcolated” Dofu.

p.s (dit, whatever) I meant jack…burton.

I vote that you stay. This country allow you to do what you like, whenever you like, with practically no consequences. Now is that a bad thing for you?

But if you are sailing away on a sailboat, then I say go. And can I go with you?