Good Bye McDonald's Chocolate SUNDAeeeeE

hell yes-

I will just leave this here…

e02ecec2215df41fb006365f0ff96931

Apple Pie McFlurry with caramel sauce.
Come on Taiwan! Get with it!

(For those that don’t know, a Taiwanese company took over the operation of all McDonald’s in Taiwan a while ago).

3 Likes

Too sweet

I don’t buy into the “Taiwanese don’t like / don’t eat sweet things”.
See exhibit A:
9ebf7f02f80eb20be9f5b28fa51e856d
Shaved ice piled high with condensed sweetened milk, brown sugar, jelly crap and fruit.
Yeah…it’s good and it’s sweet and they eat it.

See exhibits B, C and D for further sweet proof…
15 f9e1628817e45633960b07b1f5ebba44--black-colors-taiwan tangyuan

I rest my case.

3 Likes

And let’s not forget diabetes in a cup:

download%20(10)

4 Likes

saw this picture yesterday on FB
spot on

2 Likes

I dunno, I always hear Taiwanese people complain things are too sweet for them. Maybe we should listen

1 Like

I always liked that sesame one better, but it wasn’t around long enough for me to get attached to it.

2 Likes

The sesame one was really good

Goodbye to seven more menu items, effective August 26. Will any of them be missed?

Guy

Haven’t had it in our local east bay mickie for awille too Donno why

Thankfully none of those items are in the least bit appetizing.

Did they get rid of the Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese though? Last couple times I’ve been, I haven’t seen it on the menu. :cry:

They did some time ago, but the angus beef burger was more or less the same thing… guess it’s truly gone now.

I disagree. I had the Angus one and wasn’t a fan. The beef is too juicy, and not in a good way.

Sure, I meant in relative terms. Similar size, toppings, and bun. It’s definitely not exactly the same.

This pissed me off. I wanted to start a franchise in Taiwan. Tough luck… you can’t. BS

When I first came to Taiwan five years ago McDonalds here was great, better than any other country I’d tried it in, including the US. However, I feel it has gotten progressively worse, especially in the last two years. None of my favorite menu items have gone, I just feel they are missing the flavour I used to love. It could just be that my taste buds are changing. I tried Burger King here for the first time last week and it was really good. It was my wife’s last meal before going to the clinic to give birth :laughing:. They also have a great bubble sundae.

2 Likes

lol
mcdonalds here taste bad the last two years.
I eat there everyday ( i am healthy and do a lot of sport).
It is often the same issue here. Lack of consistency.
I know i know… it is just a fast food but i can tell when they are rushing up things…
not defrosting their meat the right way, frying frozen chicken etc… it is becoming really really bad.

and as you said, burger king is doing pretty well in terms of flavor — however, more costly but worth it.
my to go is the number 5 which has a big size by Taiwan standard.