Good Chinese Song Sung on Street

I was recently in Taipei for holiday. I don’t know Chinese language. The moment I heard this Chinese song sung on the street, I liked it. I heard it sung on street by two different girls in two different places. I think it is a pop song. I tried searching on the internet but couldn’t find it. Please help me suggest the song name. You can type the name in Chinese or English. I will just search in the internet to listen to it. Thanks.

I’m pretty good at identifying songs with the help of the net but in terms of clues you did not give us much to work with. I find songs all the time just with Google Voice search, Chinese voice recognition enabled on the android phone or context clues based on the video.

Now let’s try to find your song…
Do you remember any phrases? All you need sometimes to find the song you want is once sentence. Sometimes just the hook phrase of the chorus. I’ve found songs on just three words.
Example: Wo shi nushen (I am a girl) then say the word ge which means song. Up will pop your music video. Get a local to teach you the basic voice search technique

Can you remember any words or sentences? Can you describe the melody or any unique thing about the song?

PS: You said “Holiday to Taipei” If you are not in Taiwan, do you have any Chinese speaking friends or even the local Chinese restaurant? Maybe the can help you reconstruct your sentence if you can make similar sounds that resemble the words. Maybe there is a nonsense line or chorus that goes like La la la la di or Di Da di di da di .
OK, I want to find your song too… Please some back with some clues.

yeah, like the seeker said, we need more info, or you should try google voice search, or sound hound, if you can remember a section of the melody.

My ear is pretty bad. So I can’t remember the melody. The two places I heard them were outside of Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall and inside Ximending. At Ximending, a teenage girl sang the song. The tempo of the song is not slow and not fast. It should be related to love. I think the song is not old. Maybe a list of common contemporary pop songs sung on street will be great help. Thanks.

You can list the names of common songs sung on street in Chinese or English. I can copy and paste them to YouTube to listen.

In that case, you should just go through the youtube music Taiwan popular list
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFgquLnL59amN9tYr7o2a60yFUfzQO3sU

1 Like

Were any traditional instruments used? Like what you see here? That would help tremendously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7zPXfUzXc

No traditional instrument used. I think the main instrument used is guitar. It is contemporary pop song.

hansioux’s youtube #Music Taiwan popular list => No. 4 song is the song I am looking for.
Thank you for everybody’s kind help.

1 Like

你好不好 by eric?

glad I could help.

If you wish to sing along

shì bu shì huán nàme ài chídào
是 不 是 還 那麼 愛 遲到

áoyè gōngzuò yòu shuì bù hǎo
熬夜 工作 又 睡 不 好

děng nǐ wánchéng nǐ de mùbiāo
等 你 完成 你 的 目標

yào jiè diào chěngqiáng de shìhào
要 戒 掉 逞強 的 嗜好

dōu guài wǒ
都 怪 我

bǎ zìzūn fàng tài gāo méiyǒu bǎ nǐ zhàogu hǎo
把 自尊 放 太 高 沒有 把 你 照顧 好

jiāo’ào shì cuìruò de wàibiǎo
驕傲 是 脆弱 的 外表

zuì pà wǒ de xīn nǐ bú yào
最 怕 我 的 心 你 不 要

néng bu néng jìxù duì wǒ kū duì wǒ xiào duì wǒ hǎo
能 不 能 繼續 對 我 哭 對 我 笑 對 我 好

jìxù ràng wǒ wéi nǐ xiǎng wéi nǐ fēng péi nǐ lǎo
繼續 讓 我 為 你 想 為 你 瘋 陪 你 老

nǐ hǎobù hǎo hǎo xiǎng zhīdào
你 好不 好 好 想 知道

bié jízhe bǎ huíyì dōu diūdiào
別 急著 把 回憶 都 丟掉

wǒ zhǐ xūyào nǐ zàishēn biān péi wǒ chǎo péi wǒ nào
我 只 需要 你 在身 邊 陪 我 吵 陪 我 鬧

yòng hǎo de wǒ bǎ guòqu huài de wǒ dōu huàn diào
用 好 的 我 把 過去 壞 的 我 都 換 掉

hǎo xiǎng tīngdào nǐ jiānjué shuì ài wǒ
好 想 聽到 你 堅決 說 愛 我

kěxī huí bú qù nà yì miǎo
可惜 回 不 去 那 一 秒

nǐ, hǎobù hǎo?
你,好不 好?

tiān zhīdào wǒ kuàiyào shòubùliǎo
天 知道 我 快要 受不了

hòuhuǐ zuānjìn xīnli shāo
後悔 鑽進 心裡 燒

yōngbào zài duō yícì jiù hǎo
擁抱 再 多 一次 就 好

nǐ yào de wǒ dōu zuò dédào
你 要 的 我 都 做 得到

繼續 讓 我 為 你 想 為 你 瘋 陪 你 老

gěi nǐ de hǎo huán yào bu yào
給 你 的 好 還 要 不 要

dá’àn wǒ què bù gǎn jiēxiǎo
答案 我 卻 不 敢 揭曉

bié yòng líkāi jiāo wǒ shīqù de rén zuì zhòngyào
別 用 離開 教 我 失去 的 人 最 重要

bié shuì nǐ céngjīng ài guò wǒ
別 說 你 曾經 愛 過 我

ràng wǒmen huídào nà yì miǎo
讓 我們 回到 那 一 秒

nǐ, hǎobù hǎo?
你,好不 好?

繼續 讓 我 為 你 想 為 你 瘋 陪 你 老

nǐ hǎobù hǎo wǒ hǎo xiǎng zhīdào
你 好不 好 我 好 想 知道

bié jízhe bǎ wǒ de ài diūdiào
別 急著 把 我 的 愛 丟掉

bié yòng líkāi jiāo wǒ shīqù de rén zuì zhòngyào
別 用 離開 教 我 失去 的 人 最 重要

bié shuì nǐ céngjīng ài guò wǒ
別 說 你 曾經 愛 過 我

ràng wǒmen huídào nà yì miǎo
讓 我們 回到 那 一 秒

nǐ, hǎobù hǎo?
你,好不 好?

4 Likes

Yes. That is the song I am looking for.

Thanks for the video and the lyric. You are very helpful and kind to me.

There are several mistakes in the pinyin for the lyrics.

I’ve got to say, I didn’t expect this thread to actually come up with the song the OP was looking for based on the total lack of clues provided. Well done hansioux!! That was a great suggestion. I almost thought the OP was a joke because it really couldn’t have been less descriptive, but I guess that’s just the cynic in me.

1 Like

Probably, I threw the lyrics into a pinyin generator and didn’t double check

Well, it’s a Mando-pop song, so the lyrics den’t really matter anyway.:slight_smile:

Not only does hansioux know Taiwan’s history from beginning until end, but he is also a human shazam app.

1 Like

You’re not the only cynic. My contribution to this thread with the Talking Heads cover was not very serious, to say the least. I believed the OP to be genuine, but I also believed coming up with the actual song to be a long shot- like Trump winning the presidency. Sometimes, crazy shit happens.

1 Like

hansioux, you are an oracle in the temple of music. If I may submit my impossible song to you. I heard it on the radio a few years ago, I thought I got enough context clues but I could not find it.
I’ll try to tell you what I remember.

It seems to have been a parody or novelty song about learning English. I recall there was a catch phrase like Let’s learn English ABC or 123.
It started of normal but developed into crazy pandamonium. . There were numerous English phrases thrown in. I’d say… two or three years ago, but by that time it probably was an old song that a DJ dragged up.
I think it was a legitimate song and not a commercial.