Good English speaking psychologist in Taipei?

I am realllly worried about one of my friends. She has gone from mildly depressed (which seems to be a constant state with her) to talking about suicide. It hasn’t been a week or two. It has been a few months. I want to help her find help. She seems willing (seems) to get help except that she states (which I believe might be true) that it would be impossible to find a decent shrink in Taipei.
Does anyone know anyone who is good but not too expensive?

The public hospitals have psychological health sections; see this thread:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 928#348928](Major Depression

and this doc comes recommended in terms of taking extra time with each patient instead of just prescribing a pill and rushing them out the door:
萬芳榮 Wan4 Fang1rong2 at the 三軍總醫院 San3 Jun1 Zong3 Yi1yuan4 hospital on Minquan and Chenggong in Neihu, Taipei

She could try the Community Services Center. Information is available regarding their counseling services on their website:

http://www.community.com.tw/

If she’s looking to start an anti-depressant, then she would need a psychiatrist. they over-medicate here.
If she’s looking for someone to talk to, then she needs a psychologist. I had a friend who went to one at the community services center and she said they were great! Sliding scale fee…

Yes, yes, the Centre. Apparently you pay what you can.

Suicide talk needs to be listend to and acted on. Personally I have a no holds bar attitude to suicide in whuich if someone mentions it to me, i’ll seek clarification on their intenmt, if I’m then unhappy it’s for the cops to resolve.

HG

I second that. Get the person to make an appointment. Or make it for them, and go there with them if needed.

Thanks Tika for the community center. She bitched about price (although I find it super low) but I agreed to pay half and she is going next week. Yay.

I’m glad to hear it. Your friend is blessed to have you there for her.

We aren’t actually that good of friends. I’ve had suicide hit too close to home (and in my home) a time or two and selfishly don’t want to deal with it again. Even if I’m not close to the person. Suicide affects people much more strongly than any other kind of death, I think.

bump