Good food in Taichung

Hi everybody!

I’m fairly new to Taiwan. Already I’m pretty much fed up with what’s on offer, food wise, in my neighbourhood. Sure, there’s a lot of good food. But I want to try a more formal restaurant, not upscale though. I’m really interested about trying the food which I heard about prior to arriving in Taichung.

Kung pao, fried oysters, steamed fish etc.

Anybody have any good restaurant suggestions? Preferably in Town or heading towards Longjing…

Enjoy your week,

TJG

Have you tried any kuai chao (quick fry) places? Some of them are really good for what you are looking for although in my experience they were better in Taipei. The more South you go the more Taiwanese the cuisine gets. You have to try each place individually.

If you can read Chinese or can use Chrome’s auto translate website function, you can try out my site here: www.foodjing.com

We are still working on functionality, but there are over 1000 searchable menus in Taichung there.

[quote=“Adam_CLO”]If you can read Chinese or can use Chrome’s auto translate website function, you can try out my site here: www.foodjing.com

We are still working on functionality, but there are over 1000 searchable menus in Taichung there.[/quote]

Awesome site, thanks!!

Also, I found out what I was doing wrong when looking for good stuff to eat. Had some awesome fresh and superbly cooked fish tonigt! So… Case closed:)

You could also see if Food Jing has any dim sum close to you.

Please feel free to check out the link for Elephant Restaurant. Its reasonably priced & fresh.

Or at facebook.com/elephantdish.

Thank-you