Good Gyms and Trainers in Taipei 2021

With government-induced quarantines, a love of gaming, and a general sweet tooth I’m becoming a real fat ass.

I used to go to World Gym but I found their prices to be hilariously expensive for a gym pass + trainer. It was more than a big city in North America?

So where should I go? Hopefully, not one that will lock me into a 88-year contract.

1 Like

Try adding drinking and fast food to the mix for better performance.

1 Like

Move into an apartment complex with its own gym

What area are you in? There are plenty of pay by the minute or session gyms around.

Near Zhongshan Station. I don’t mind a contract, I just don’t want it to be a huge rip off like World Gym.

Some Drop-in Gyms in Taipei suggestions

this one is near Zhonghsan station and has single , monthly and subscription (maybe 1 year?)

A nearby 24hour gym

Also you can go to the Sport Center 臺北市中山運動中心 ,
gym is 50ntd per hour and 1350ntd for 30 hours (45 days)
健身分享卡1,350元(健身30小時,期限45天)
單次卡50元/時
https://cssc.cyc.org.tw/sportscenter/1

So many good cheap gyms these days. Even World Gym is upping its game and stopping the bullshit to compete

1 Like

Is it possible to get a 6-month contract at world gym or true fitness?
Or can anyone recommend a drop-in gym in SongShan/Xinyi area?
I don’t need all the “extras” like yoga/saunas/pool etc.

@chydals - I tried the “drop in gyms” link but didnt seem to work for me :thinking:
Edit: well - didn’t realize this thread was almost 2 years old! :blush:

No.

http://sssc.com.tw/
That place should have month by month options. If you’re lucky you’ll be able to get pool and gym in the same fee. Not all places do that though. A 1 month or 35 day pass is about $50US.

2 Likes

This looks like a fantastic option. Thanks so much @JPMichaels1 !

yeah… that link doesn’t work anymore :thinking:
Anyway, you can try the sport center first (SongShan) also there is a True Fitness gym inside Taipei arena , but I think you need to sign a contract

2 Likes

I’ve considered both of these if I’m ever in the area more often. No contract required although might have to sign a waiver document but not a contract.

Pay by minute usually gives you a little plastic card maybe even be able to use your own yoyo card.

Second gym supposedly NT$100 drop in

selfroom workoutplace

台北健身院(八德店)

1 Like