Good Hospitals For Kidney Stone Treatment

My kidney stone did not come out through urinating out. I had the surgery because I was going overseas and doctor felt it better to take care of it before leaving. He did wait three weeks to see if it would come out naturally.

Were you experiencing pain before going to see the doctor or had your stone shown up on a scan during a check up? Which hospital did the surgery? Can you let me know what it entailed? Thanks

Hey, past me! Fever, chills, nausea, ask me how I know.

2 Likes

How do you know!

The doctors at Mackay have saved my sorry &ss more than once.

Did you have trouble at their Taitung outpost—or in Danshui, Taipei, or Hsinchu?

I’d really like to know.

Guy

Suspected kidney stone passed yesterday. Very mild pain relatively speaking, though, and not a lot of blood, but my insides do feel like they’ve been grazed a bit. Awaiting urine test results to eliminate causes such as infection

2 Likes

Ok. :+1:

Let’s never talk of this again. :wink:

Every time I get a physical and they do an ultrasound, kidney stones are found. Very small. I’m told to drink lots of water, which I do, but I guess I need even more water.

But is it warm water you’re drinking?!

2 Likes

No, it’s ice cold water. All year round! I always ask for ice water at restaurants and am amused at the look of surprise I often get.

There you go! It’s the wrong type of water you’re drinking, no wonder you’re ill!!!

2 Likes

For kidney stones? The closest one. Get that sorted asap before you’re in a world of hurt.

Define “warm water” - out of the tap, or heated slightly/tepid?

What difference does the temperature make? I’ve heard it makes a difference drinking cold water with a meal because it solidifies the fats in your stomach, but body heat would offset that fast enough for the downstream organs, I would have thought?

The warm water part is, as I understand it, a sly remark about “common sense” in Taiwan and the sorts of advice people are likely to give and receive.

Guy

2 Likes

Good thing this isn’t a medical advice thread… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Taitung. Quite bad. I will say, though, I have recently found my first decent doctor there for nerve damage. He was actually spot on, ear, chest ked properly, used words to explain etc. A VERY refreshing change of pace! At least they aren’t at zero anymore. To be fair, it’s still the best hospital in the county it seems :neutral_face:

To be honest, I haven’t had many great experiences with doctors throughout Taiwan. Not unique to southern Taiwan. There are good ones, but the shitty ones far out number them in my experiences.

As an aside, the doc gave me meds for inflammation (deflam k) a few months back (torn ligaments) which made me piss blood and crystals (I took videos of the pretty crystals for them to see). The kidney doc dismissed that concern and the pee test showed no crystals apparently. I wanted to know what kind they were but everyone seemed to deny the medication issue and the blood and crystals. This was the kidney doc as i wanted to check for stones and damage as well. They wouldnt even book me to check liver despite those meds being known for liver damage. Less than impressed…

1 Like

Feels like my balls have been twisted around about sixteen times, pain is less when I lie flat. Weird. Waiting for an ultrasound appointment.