Google Calendar has launched

Google Calendar has launched. Lots of features and compatibility with a number of other services (Outlook, Yahoo, iCal).

Unfortunately no support for Safari yet.

http://www.google.com/calendar

And in the calendar Google is finally linking together all their various services in the form of as small nav. bar in the top left corner.

So what’s next? Google toilet paper?

Google ads on toilet paper maybe.

As long as they keep the google ads out of the google results I’ll be google happy. Sometimes I wonder though.

That new calendar looks really useful. But according to the BBC, Google are making 12 cents per search on their search engine, and there’s something about that that I just don’t like. Still, it’s better than Microsoft.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4780648.stm

Yawn. Until it can support to-do lists, I’m not going to bother. It looks nice and all, but Remember the Milk kicks its ass all over the place at the moment.

Sorry. I would like to keep my personal data on my computer…

Google stores your email, your schedule, index your harddrive files, what’s next? Oh ja, your financial data are still missing! Combined with a nicely defined interface to the government we finally arrive in 1984…

[quote=“Shiner”]Sorry. I would like to keep my personal data on my computer…

Google stores your email, your schedule, index your harddrive files, what’s next? Oh ja, your financial data are still missing! Combined with a nicely defined interface to the government we finally arrive in 1984…[/quote]
At least they tell you about it :wink:.

does remember the milk sync with other calendars like ical?

yes.

For the longest time I hosted my own todo application but realized overtime that pen and paper seem to work best.

MSN plus also has a task manager that seems to get me to most of my appointments on time. you can also get rid of alot of the crap that comes with the original MSN …

mess.be/

I have 3 PDAs, a laptop, a cellphone with todo/calender abilities and I still never leave the house without a pencil and paper. I too find that it works best (seriously.)

RtM not only works with iCal, it’ll also give you reminders of events by email, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, and (although I have yet to test it) SMS, as long as you give it the information.

As far as pen and paper vs. computer goes, here’s my system:

I have a moleskine notebook pimped out as such, and then every week or so I process everything new, putting it into RtM as a to-do or event. I’m considering making an add-on to the moleskine PDA, basically in the form of a few basic Hipster PDA’s, so that I can have portable to-do lists and only have to carry the processed ones applicable to my context (ie if I’m going to work, I’ll take the moleskine and throw the @work cards in; if I’m going to the shops, @shops; at home, keep the @home one on me) in the back pocket of the moleskine.

Basically, I need to get back on the Getting Things Done bandwagon, which I highly recommend.

I use Outlook (this piece of crap) for contacts, todos, calendar, and synchronize it wireless with my mobile phones. Once in a while I synchronize the phone with my personal PC at home for backup. No need for PDA etc, all data always on hand (who leaves the house w/o mobile phone?)

Good solution, and if I need to change the mobile phone (or the PC), that’s just another synchronization and everything’s is back!

Gdrive

Nah, if you’ve been paying attention you’ll put your money on GoogleOS.

We’re prolly gonna be seeing a lot more online versions of traditional desktop-based apps… Google just bought out Writely (writely.com), an online word processing program. Coupled with the promise of Gdrive, and you got yourself a 1/4 of a PC – online.

Pretty soon, our entire PC’s will be replicated online – Google XP Professional anyone?

I found some nice sized notebooks at Muji which are good for all that gtd stuff.