Google Maps Directions for Motorcycle

Google tends to release updates to its apps for Android first. It should be available on iOS in 3-6 months at the latest.

Not the same thing. Big bikes are faster, have incredible acceleration capabilities, are more difficult to spot in rear mirrors, are smaller and therefore easier to ride through traffic, and riders are more likely to risk more. Also they are almost impossible to catch by police in cars.

If you think that car drivers are horrible, wait for the big bikers to hit the freeway. The death toll on the freeways will go up instantly.

It was started in India in December. I cannot find information on whether they have iOS yet.

White plates can go on highways, highways are not FREEWAYS or EXPRESSWAYS in Taiwan. A highway in Taiwan is just a major road connecting North to South or East to West, south-cross highway, north-cross highway. Highway #3, #1 north to south, highway #9, #7 west to east. Highway #8 east to west. Actually #9 goes almost from west to east to south to west again and crosses the island twice.
And, BTW, yellow and red can not go on all freeways yet.

Police has 1200cc BMW motorbikes.

Good for funeral businesses.

Still very difficult to chase. The probably won’t even try.

I guess I just never considered those low-speed mountain roads to be “highways”.

Out of curiosity, what are they called in Chinese? I know 高速公路 and 快速公路 for freeways and expressways, but don’t know what to call the “blue” numbered roads. Always just called it the #9 or the #7.

That’s more expressway. Divided 2+2 lane connection between Freeways, or like the elevated Taipeishidongxixiang in Taipei.

Which is what I said.

But I was wondering what to call roads like the #9 and #7.

公路

1 Like

So simple I didn’t even think to drop the high-speed/fast. :doh:

They just add mountain, west, cross or whatever they come up with to the 公路 and there you go.

I think Expressways are better known as 快速道路 not 快速公路…

The roads with the blue signs are Provincial Highways, 省道
Below that you have County Highways, 縣道
And below that you have Township Roads 鄉/鎮道

1 Like

Have they removed this feature from Android version?
I remember I had it last time I used Google maps, but now this option isn’t there anymore…
Anyone else still see it?

Still have it.

Screenshot_20181123-225211_Maps

When is this coming on iOS ?

Which version is yours?

Android Samsung S9+.

Mine as well. But I was referring to the Google Maps app version… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: