Google Pixel phones in Taiwan?

I suspect it might be for previous customers.

Makes sense

Too bad there’s no trade-in program in Taiwan…on the U.S. page they were offering quite a bit for trade-ins.

2 Likes

Just bit the bullet and forked over my hard-earned money for a Pixel 7, black, 256 GB. I’d been on-and-off considering buying a new phone since I read on here of the Pixel 6, but I figured I don’t really need one at the moment.

Thanks to @slawa for kindly sharing his 10% off code!

5 Likes

Let us know how you like it (or not).

And more coffee pics too, please! (To test out the camera, of course.)

Guy

1 Like

I was just intending to do photographs of maskless Thai beaches and Thai food tbh, while you’re all here enjoying the Taiwanese weather and Taiwanese food. :grin:

1 Like

I’m loving it, and it would be great to see the pictures too!

2 Likes

Damn you Andrew and your upcoming Thai vacation!

In your absence, I’ll post some shots of my lattes from OK Lao—the closest I’ll be getting to SE Asia for a while. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Seems they’re being shipped from Hong Kong. I thought they’d have local stock actually. :man_shrugging:

Wait, does this mean I’m going to need to piss around with EZWay again and worry about the NT$2000 limit, or are orders like this somehow exempt?

When I ordered my phone, it came in from Singapore. I had no issues with customs.

Guy

1 Like

And this is funny since actually Google doesn’t sell pixels officially in HK :joy:

Are you sure? Google Asia Pacific is marked as in Singapore but I’m guessing the warehouse is in Hong Kong? Mine is the same as @Andrew , being shipped out of Hong Kong.

They just get drop shipped from whichever warehouse they happen to be sitting in. From an import standpoint it’s all taken care of, as if you bought it in Taiwan. That’s how it’s worked in the past.

Okay good to know.

Mine’s fine so far. Seems to be essentially a Pixel 6, other than faster in photo processing. Good iteration, nothing mind blowing.

1 Like

Pixel orders are always billed in Singapore and shipped out of Hong Kong. Never had to deal with customs. They pass customs quickly just a few hours after arriving in Taiwan.

The only annoying thing for me is they use DHL. But DHL in Taiwan doesn’t service Nantou area. They hand it off to ‘Black Cat’ delivery. This handover happens once a day and not on weekends. Every time my order is sitting all weekend in Taichung before DHL gives it to ‘Black Cat’ to deliver next Monday.

2 Likes

That’s the price you pay for living in the middle of nowhere Taiwan. :upside_down_face:

Just kidding!

Guy

I’m not a big fan as they don’t have a memory card slot and no 3.5 mm jack.

Spec-wise new Pixel looks “meh”. I used to own Google Pixel 5 and the battery died within a year, no warranty as I bought it off Shopee. Recently I bought a Samsung Tablet that is pre-owned and locked (cannot install new ROM). It is shit. It freezes when not on battery power.

So not sure where to go from here. Google let me down. Samsung let me down. Maybe after all these years try Apple? Nah. Maybe back to Samsung.

I have Sony

1 Like