Google will open a new office complex and add hundreds of jobs in Taiwan

The largest Google R&D in a Asia is in Taiwan. Wanna work in Banciao?

1 Like

Who doesn’t?

Only if I get to live there too. :sunglasses:

As usual an article related to Taiwan sucks because they randomly throw some shit about China into it.

1 Like

inferior complex lol

Interesting to see Catherine Shu’s name in the byline. I haven’t seen her work in years. She was one of the best when she wrote for the Taipei Times.

Guy

What the f is an inferior complex? A complex that doesn’t make the grade?

sorry bear I mixed two language

This is just media BS about China attacking Taiwan.

Let me put it to you this way: China will never ever not in a million years attack Taiwan. Never.

There is too much at stake here. Taiwan believe it or not is a highly strategic real estate and America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, will not sit idly by while Taiwan gets invaded. Because if Taiwan gets invaded and America does not step in, a lot of countries will be very nervous. America will lose serious credibility so they are almost obligated to step in and they will. When this happens the world as you know it will end because the war will be horrible. Never mind what happens to Taiwanese people, a lot of people everywhere will die. This war won’t be a regional conflict like Iraq or Afghanistan. We’re talking about war between 2 superpower.

China knows this and they also know they have a lot to lose by going to war with Taiwan but they must also defend their terroritorial integrity. So they keep threatening war but never following through.

Taiwan will be annexed peacefully and economically long long before there will ever be a war. Taiwanese also value their lives and won’t throw it away fighting their own people so likely they will work out a deal. Like it or not we all know we are from China. Even the most ardent Taiwan independence supporter knows this.

Both sides will do everything to prevent a military conflict and the world has every vested interest to see to it that no war happen between 2 China.

Why do you think Chen Shui Bien got into so much trouble? He wanted war and America was not going to let it happen. All politicians are corrupt and you think he was alone in stealing from the people? It was America that exposed him and let to the investigation that led to his arrest! That was why the US was so much nicer to Ma Engjiou.

Say what?

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…

Guy

Speak for yourself.

Naive stuff…

Yes, it’s true we are all descended from…Peking Man…

2 Likes

Isn’t Banciao a super-dirty place?

Dirty no…Run down looking in many parts…Welcome to Taiwan.

It must’ve cleaned itself up. I had a friend in Taiwan during 98-00 who said it was the dirtiest place he’s ever been.

It’s very different now.