Got my first bike! XD

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all your help from the other thread. I ended up picking up a fully stock 07 Honda CBR150R with around 3300km for 105k. Don’t have any pics yet though since I took it straight to the shop for an oil change/chain adjustment. Now I just need to get a freaggin bike license so i can start to learn how to ride it! Oh yeah, I’m also looking for helmets, does anybody know any helmet shops that carry a large selection? My friend recommended me to just get a SOL helmet since they are relatively cheap, but I would also like to check out some better brands such as Shoei, Arai, etc. Any thoughts?

Suggest you read both of these threads:
[url]100 good reasons to wear a full face helmet
[url]Buying a decent helmet in Taiwan

Congrats on the new bike!

G-Max helmets are the best affordable helmets sold in Taiwan, IMO. Best fit, most comfortable helmet I bought here. Lightweight and solid. The one pictured above is a flip up chin model, but they have other models as well.

Here’s the official website: g-max.com/gmax/gm44s.html#

marboulette

Lucky you if you can find a local one to fit you. I had to spend NT$20k on a Shoei lid because it was the only one that came close to fitting. Sure is nice, though.

You cant put a price on your head. Dont ever cheap on a helmet IMO, especially in Taiwan.

I just put my big black book in order and found this name card for the place I usually recommend on Jeelung.

HK Helmet
Taipei City, Jeelung Road, Section 2, No 96
(02) 8780 6907

They have a very comprehensive stock of motorcycle apparel. They have Index, Arai, SHOEI, Apex SHARK, HONDA and other brands. I found they have very good stock. The only downside I found was that they wouldn’t let me try on their more expensive helmets. They said I would have to purchase one first. :unamused: as they didn’t believe their customers would accept purchasing a helmet that had been tried on already.

I suggest they offer makeup hats, which would shield the helmet from bodily fluids or debris. Besides how many more people would buy a helmet without trying it on as opposed to one that’s been tried on already?

They also told me that helmets that were too tight on front could have their innards shaved to fit. I don’t quite believe that this practice would be recommended by the manufacturers, so I wouldn’t condone it. Just ignore this advice if you can find an alternative that fits best.

I purchased a brand called Apex, which is rigid a full face helmet with traditional belt thread strap as opposed to the clasp variety which I wonder about. It is also

Thanks for all your help. Found a couple places that i’ll be checking out after the typhoon passes. Does anybody know any place that won’t mind the customers trying on their expensive lines? I would like to try on a couple nicer/more expensive ones before making my decision… The HK place sounds pretty nice, but there’s no way i’m gonna spend 10k+ if they won’t let me try the thing on… :unamused:

I never use anything but ARAI RX7 lids since i was 17.
They fit me best, look awesome in all their colourschemes, super light and last a long time.

Taiwan is actually very cheap for them, cheaper than back home, you can get the latest RR5 for 20,000nt with a bunch of expensive tinted visors, check yahoo.
I bought my colin edwards RR4 on there before i came to taiwan and had them send it over, i was very happy :smiley:

Of course everybody is different with brands, SHOEI and AGV are both equally awesome in my books.
I also use a FOX V2 MX helmet in the hotter months, very nice helmets and quite cheap in the states (not in taiwan for some reason).

Tell ‘em to fuckitty the fuckitty off. Leave shop. Cross Keelung. go into small side street beside the McD, turn left at the end and immediately turn right. Walk 2 mintues to the big shop on your left opposite a grassy field. Shoei, Arai, Bell, AGV, a plethora of other little known but super-nice helmets from Italy, Japan, etc. They WILL let you try them and they have all manner of other very very cool (and pricey) biker gear. I’m particularly enamoured of a brand called Yellow Corn (Ithink it is). Lots of leather, exposed titanium, etc. You too can look like a knight of yore astride your steed!
They have a comprehensive website and its posted elsewhere in this thread, but I can’[t rembmer the name.