Gram, salaries and contracts?

Hi all. Has anyone on here ever worked for Gram? I heard that they pay salary instead of hourly. Is this true and, if so, is it a good deal? Also, would you say they are a nice enough bunch to work for?

cheers

I used to rent one of my spare rooms out to a lad who worked for Gram. He had a number of gripes: His salary was around NT$55000 per month. He only had to work 2-5 hours per day, but had to arrive two hours prior for “prep”. And he had to work Saturdays. In effect, he was working 25-30 hours per week. I would expect a little more pay than that. Don’t take my word on it. Just second-hand stuff that I had to live with.

A salary might be good if you’re looking for stability, but there’s always going to be some sort of drawback, and in this case it probably means they’ll own you.

Know what you mean about feeling like they’d own me. Saying that, I’ve had hourly paid jobs of 5-6 paid hours a week where they’ve felt the same. Don’t suppose you know if they try to get you to teach during admin hours or whether the 55K is for a set number of teaching hours?

No idea. Know nothing about them. Was simply commenting on contracts/salaries.

I think the trick with an hourly rate is to have an “ARC job” (with below the minimum number if necessary) and freelance at the rest. That way, you won’t be putting all your eggs in one basket and you can walk if someone starts shit-testing you.