Grass fed and free-range - where to buy?

Imported beef is fairly easy now to get now :)if you want local, better to switch anomal species. rather than lamb, sheep, beef etc, go chicken, goat, duck. or, along those lines. Pork here, although high taste value is low quality on the whole and free range is rare. can go “mountain pig”, but most is not hunted and still the same tortured fare as the domestic option, just less fatty.

Curiousif there are any actual free range, grass fed, etc beef options (commercially) produced locally? the very few free range I have seen here are for milk, and normally as admixtures to marketing campaigns.

I am a veggie, but not by choice. if there are local ethical options, I would love a freezer full of cow meat. craaaaving it! do tell if anyone finds a decent farmer :slight_smile: otherwise, goat and fowl seem the go to for healthy and ethical options within taiwan that I can find. Aside from arthropods, crustaceans etc, of course.

They love their unctuous melt in your mouth beef here, and dislike moving their jaws. So a good amount of imports are the grain fed marbled stuff, even the Australian beef. Although I think they feed on pasture for a bit before being grain fed though.

1 Like

…how did they take your cash ?

2 Likes

ironic considering goat here. and the marketing price bonus of gamey wild pig and deer.