Great Mexican Joint In Xindian

Hard to believe but I found a great mexican restaurant in the backwater of Xindian. It’s called Tequilla Nice. Located on the corner of Chung Hsin Road and Wu Feng street.

They have almost everything; pretty authentic too. Prices are better than Mary’s Kitchen and the owner’s is certainly more friendly than the grumpy guy at Boingo’s.

[quote=“whiskas2”]Hard to believe but I found a great Mexican restaurant in the backwater of Xindian. It’s called Tequilla Nice. Located on the corner of Chung Hsin Road and Wu Feng street.

They have almost everything; pretty authentic too. Prices are better than Mary’s Kitchen and the owner’s is certainly more friendly than the grumpy guy at Boingo’s.[/quote]

Can you give directions from the MRT? I don’t know where either of thos two streets are.

The nearest MRT station would be Chi Chang. Get out of the exit, cross the street, take a bus or walk to Chung Cheng Road and Beixing Road. On Beixing Road and Chung Chen road turn left on Chung Cheng road towards Chung Hsing road. Walk up Chung Cheng until you get to the corner of Chung Cheng and Chung Hsing. At the corner of Chung Hsing and Chung Cheng in front of the OK supermart, turn right to the next red light, which is WuFeng street. Cross the street and the “Tequila Fine” restaurant is on the corner of Wufeng and Chung Cheng.

Enjoy.

My wife and I tried this place out for dinner earlier tonight. It was completely empty, which seemed kind of strange for dinner time on a Sunday night, but thought we’d give it a try anyway. We ordered a taco, a burrito and a mixed plate. The fried chicken in the mixed plate was raw inside. The guacomole was frozen solid. Everything else was kind of congealed and at room temperature. Now, less than one hour after dinner we’re both doing a lot of Mexican shuffling to the bathroom. I wouldn’t recommend this place.

Went to this place for lunch today. Great food. A little crowded. Had a soft burrito, taco, salad, soup and coffee set meal for NT$200. Definitely recommend it.

Ok, after reading 2 completely contrasting reviews of it, we went to this place today, and here’s my 2nt:

1: It’s called Tequila TIME, not Tequila Nice.

2.It’s on the corner of Wufeng and Jungshing, NOT Jungjen.

3.There is one tiny wooden sign with the restaurant name, and if you’re looking for it you probably won’t see it. It was easy to find from Muzha, I drove directly down Jungshing rd., and turned left Wufeng.

4.I ordered the set lunch meal. 200nt, no service charge. Got a burrito/taco meal, plus soup, salad, coffee.

5.The soup: a little salty, kind of Taiwanese style. Not great.

6.Salad: Veggies were fresh and crisp, but it had sweet dressing. Ick. I found out after that they do have other dressing (Caesar), ask for it if you want it.

7.Burrito/Taco: They were fine, cooked thouroughly, good salsa, japeneos, yellow rice. Not too bad at all. Another poster experienced a cold interior, but mine was fine. I’m sure they are precooked at lunch time, but I had no problems.

9.Ice coffee:Just right.

10.Overall: We got lots of food for a reasonable price.
Most of it was good.
Service was quick.
We’ll be back. :slight_smile: