Great Taiwanese

If memory serves me correct, during the Cultural Revolution, the winners (Communists) got the mainland and the losers (KMT) got Taiwan. Taiwan is one of the only countries in the history of mankind that was founded by and for the “losers”. So when I see locals holding up two fingers for every photo in, I have to wonder what they really mean. “We lost one war and we can loose another!”. The only reason Mao came to power was because the KMT was/still is corrupt.

I personally do not like the KMT either, but that was harsh. You offended all of Taiwan in that post, not just the KMT. Seeing that this is your first post, I was wondering if you were so embarassed to post this, that you had to make up a new registered name, or you wanted to insult the KTM and all of Taiwan for that matter so badly that you decided to register to be able to post.

I am guessing that your name is your birthdate, as I guess your age not over 12 years of age.

By the way, I think the losers are the ones that have to live under communism now, wouldn’t ya think and the KMT doesn’t run Taiwan any longer.

I am confused. When was Taiwan “founded”???

Taiwan was returned to the Allies after WWII with the US Military Government as principal occupational authority. Refer to the San Francisco Peace Treaty. According to my extensive research, the sovereignty of Taiwan has never been transferred to the governing authorities (Republic of China) on Taiwan or to the lawful government of China (PRC). Hence, the US military government’s administrative control of Taiwan is legally active, although currently dormant, and the current status situation of Taiwan cession is most properly and technically described as occurring within the doctrine of “unincorporated territory of the USA.”

If someone can point out historical data to prove this analysis incorrect, I will buy a new hat and eat it.

What the heck are you talking about?? The commies are just as bad if not worse the the KMT. Oh yeah, the KMT came over after the civil war in 1949, not the cultural revolution which happened in China (nothing to do with the KMT) in the 60’s. Get your facts straight. If Taiwan is full of losers, then why are the people much richer than mainlanders and the country more technically advanced?? I can spend days talking about how Taiwan is better, so I’m not even going to get into that. Losing a war does not mean you’re a loser. If so, would you consider Japanese and Germans losers too? According to you almost every country is full of losers then. Even if the KMT is corrupt or has its faults, its a fact that they were the elite of the Chinese. Most of the smartest people in China, the intellectuals, the artists, businessmen, teachers, scientists, etc etc came to Taiwan in 1949. The civil war was a war between the peasants and the elite, that’s why Mao won because in the end numbers mattered.

I think Kobe Tai is a GREAT Taiwanese.
:smiley:
kobetai.org/

Hey - most of the losers are doing better than the “winners” - Japan, Germany. Taiwan - if you count economic developement since they “lost”. Taiwan went backwards for a while, but has recovered.

Your memory does not serve you “correct”.

Learn to spell. :unamused:

Chen Ding Nan

I just read in a magazine that Lily Tian is aboriginal! at least half or something like that.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

My money for top Taiwanese is on Lin Yi-hsiung - ex chairman of the DPP. A lot of Taiwanese say that the killing of his daughters and mother, in what is widely believed to be a KMT hit, was the turning point for the ‘tang wei’ movement.

HG[/quote]

I have to agree that Lin Yi-hsiung belongs up there among the best of them, HGC. The only pity is that the wrong and far less worthy leader of the “Tangwai” eventually made it into the presidential office. Wouldn’t we all be so much better off if a man of Lin’s goodness and stature were there instead.

Cool. That makes her at least 50% “real”-Taiwanese-not-Chinese :sunglasses: :wink:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Daltongang,

My money for top Taiwanese is on Lin Yi-hsiung - ex chairman of the DPP. A lot of Taiwanese say that the killing of his daughters and mother, in what is widely believed to be a KMT hit, was the turning point for the ‘tang wei’ movement.

HG[/quote]

I have to agree that Lin Yi-hsiung belongs up there among the best of them, HGC. The only pity is that the wrong and far less worthy leader of the “Tangwai” eventually made it into the presidential office. Wouldn’t we all be so much better off if a man of Lin’s goodness and stature were there instead.

ok, let me expound on my choice. sadaharu oh(wang chen-chih) is the most famous japanese sports figure EVER. a japanese babe ruth, if you will. probably the only baseball player never to have played in the us major leagues whose name would still be recognized by american fans.

being half chinese because of his father, he famously kept his roc passport. even as japan’s most admired sport figure, oh had been denied entry into japan after world tours because of his insistence on using a taiwanese passport.

the greatest sports hero asia has ever produced plus the fact that he has shown amazing dedication to taiwan(he is refered to often as the japanese babe ruth with the taiwanese passport) makes him one great taiwanren in my mind. :slight_smile:

Liu Ming-chuan

I have to agree with Poagao and vote for Wu Bai. Also a vote for teh famous film director Ang Lee (or Li An or however you should spell it!)

Wooooooooooooooooooo BAI !