Ground level ozone concentration

Hi there,

this past weekend I did some hiking in the mountains (900m-1300m) by Taoyuan. By the end of the day I had some strange cough when breathing in deeply. I used to get this back home after excersising outside in the summer when the ground level ozone concentrations were elevated. I was wondering if anybody here knows any details about ozone concentrations in Taiwan. I know in the EU the threshold for the vegetation is by 40 ppb. I read an article online mentioning nighttime values of 50 ppb here in Taiwan. Does anybody know more specifics? Maybe some hidden website monitoring the daily ozone concentrations?

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote=“ratlung”]Hi there,

this past weekend I did some hiking in the mountains (900m-1300m) by Taoyuan. By the end of the day I had some strange cough when breathing in deeply. I used to get this back home after excersising outside in the summer when the ground level ozone concentrations were elevated. I was wondering if anybody here knows any details about ozone concentrations in Taiwan. I know in the EU the threshold for the vegetation is by 40 ppb. I read an article online mentioning nighttime values of 50 ppb here in Taiwan. Does anybody know more specifics? Maybe some hidden website monitoring the daily ozone concentrations?

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

This site doesn’t give ozone readings but general psi for each of the counties in Taiwan. I don’t know how often they update but it seems at least a few times a day.

210.69.101.63/emcv2_public/psi/psiarea_m.aspx

Interesting site, but what exactly do they mean with PSI? Isn’t that just the air pressure? Unfortunately I am not able to read the rest of the website. :frowning:

PSI means pounds per sq inch. It seems an odd unit to use considering millibars is the normal unti for barometric pressure.

If it is just the barometric pressure mentioned on this website above, what is then so unhealthful/hazardous about a higher air pressure. I mean are we going to get crushed when we are at 300 PSI?